SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1401217

Can You Help Me Choose a Floor Lamp Style

User
15 years ago

I have an open floor plan in our lake cottage. In the kitchen, dining and mudroom areas I have light fixtures from Rejuvenation Hardware. The kitchen, adjacent to the LR, has schoolhouse lamps with brushed nickel fixtures.

I need a floor lamp to put next to a reading chair in the LR. It will be set next to a soapstone hearth that has a black iron parlor stove on it. The stove style is very simple - not ornate, country or contemporary - the glass is trimmed in polished nickel.

I'm stumped as to what style lamp and shade to buy. Should it have a brushed nickel base to go with the other BN fixtures visible in the space?

I hate to go with black wrought iron to coordinate w/ the stove because that seems too "heavy" for the feel of the room.

The chair it will be near is a Bergere-style with an intricate wood lattice back - so I don't think I want to even try to match the wood. It's upholstered in a Jacobean print of muted red/yellow/blue/green on beige.

The decor is cottage - not so much shabby chic as cottage/traditional. Any thoughts?

Comments (2)