SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Please help me choose rug for foyer - size, style, new or used?

juddgirl2
13 years ago

I am completely clueless when it comes to decorative rug shopping but I need one for my foyer. Even with a Waterhog mat outside, I need to protect my floors from dirt and debris. Plus, others on the board have mentioned a rug will add color to my neutral toned foyer.

There will be a large hutch, colorwashed in a cream/brown paint with espresso glaze, on the wall opposite the pine table. The space between the table and hutch will be 7'5" and the foyer is 17'5" long.

I'd like to keep the budget under $400-500 but I want something that will look nice and be of good quality, and from what I read on the board, Karastan seems to be popular.

Should I use an area rug or a runner? I hate to cover the wood floors but would a narrow area rug look okay? Below are some pics of Karastan rugs I've seen on Craigslist. If I use a runner, it seems that I could buy new under my budget (see link below), but I don't know which are of a higher quality. I was thinking of using a lighter rug with some green in it, since this would tie into the rooms adjacent to the foyer.

Foyer (without hutch)

Karastan runner 10' x 2'6 $35

{{!gwi}}

Karastan Medallion 700 series 5'9 x 9 $400

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Karastan 4x8 $275

{{!gwi}}

Kirastan 4x6 Ivory Kirman #788 $475

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Karastan runners at Macys

Comments (11)