SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1971_gw

Not much time for research for W/D

annie1971
12 years ago

The last thing I want to spend time and money on right now is a new washer/dryer but must do so sooner rather than later. My Kenmore Elite FL washer (about 7 years old) is scaring me. Repair man says I can still use it until it "freezes up", but it sounds like it's going to spin through the roof, leaving all kinds of metal pieces behind. I'm a laundry room snob and must have matching W/D, even though the drier is doing well. I have had no other complaints about the Kenmore Elite and have been very pleased with the washing performance (until the bearings went). I'm considering another set of Kenmore HE Elites, but have been looking at reviews of the LG's as well. Any opinions out there one way or another. DH thinks I shouldn't consider Kenmore again as the washer didn't last all that long, but I know that manufacturers make adjustments every year and products change.

Also, I would be interested in any opinions on paying extra for the steam features. Frankly, I can see the benefit occasionally in the dryer, but wondering about why in the washer.

We (me and the dog) have allergies; we have year-round down blankets that I wash and dry and can see the benefit of steam heat to kill dust mites and allergens. But beyond that, is the extra expense worth it in your opinion?

Have to shop/buy this week end or hit the laundromat.

Thanks for any advice.

Annie

Comments (26)