SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiredmama_gw

LG vs. Miele...help me out please!

TiredMama
13 years ago

Last week, I purchased LG Top Loading HE machine WT5101. So far, it is nothing but trouble. I am starting to wonder if it is just a fluke, and I am not sure if I want to exchange it for another LG, or look at Miele instead.

Has anyone had water/condensation within the LED control panel with their LG? There is water under the power button and the entire control panel. This started within the first 24 hours. Also, as mentioned in another post, the water is not getting past 133 degrees, even though I have maxed out our hot water heater. It is supposed to get up to 158 which I need doing cloth diapers. Has anyone stuck a thermometer in during the sanitary cycle? Another thing that has happened, just once, is that after the cycle completed, there was about 2 inches of water sitting in the bottom of the tub. It had not spun out at all. Clothes were in the middle, not edges.

This particular LG machine is rated so well compared to other machines I'm looking at, but I am losing my faith in LG. Any advice on keeping this or on buying a Miele instead would be appreciated!

Comments (7)