SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rdw07

LG 2277, 2487, 2687 vs Whirlpool Duet/Sport?

rdw07
17 years ago

I found this forum while doing a google search for information on washers - and the above washers in particular.

Sorry this post is long - I need to buy a w/d this weekend and I NEED help ;)

Our 13-year old (I'm guessing) TL washer died this week when a cinder block fell out of the bottom (I'm guessing it was put there for balancing purposes? we are not the original owners).

After reading a lot it seems like we should replace it with a FL. We will replace the dryer at the same time (I see no use in getting a good washer and waiting for the dryer to die)

The washer will go in a SECOND FLOOR LAUNDRY CLOSET. I think I would like the stack the machines (currently unstacked) so that I have more shelf space on the other side of the machines (there is currently a lot of unused vertical space).

So - I think I have narrowed it down to the machines listed above - but would like recommendations as to which to get and why. (for instance - do I really need the steam wash option or would the 2277 be enough?) I need to buy it this weekend as our machine is DEAD and we'd been holding off on laundry as we waited to get leaky hose fixed.

FWIW - we are currently two adults (DH sends most of his shirts to the cleaners to be washed - wondering if the steam option could take care of this - at least some of the time?) with a baby on the way.

Appreciate any and all help - Thanks!

Comments (16)