SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdnhottie

Thinking of LG steamwasher? MUST read this!!!!

cdnhottie
17 years ago

I have FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY made a decision!!!! HALLELUJAH!!! Never thought the day would come!

I purchased the LG 2487 in Ferrari Red with pedestals. I simply couldn't go with the Bosch sets based on the LG being a real showpiece and the Bosch just very plain in looks and the use of plastic's on the Bosch.

Yes, all the "profile wash" discussion almost had me here (as did the price difference) and then I finally gave my head a shake and realized I had completely over-researched this purchase if I was thinking about profile washes, etc etc when my old TL's kept my clothes clean without me knowing ANY of this stuff!!

Secondly, NOBODY has any real evidence that there profile washing machines get the clothes cleaner than the others or remove stains that other machines won't. Nothing I've read anywhere (and I've read it ALL!!) states this. I believe the theory, but no real tests.

BACK TO THE LG!!

I spoke to an engineer, serviceman, and sales rep for LG (there numbers provided through Canadian LG Cust. Service who are very fast to answer phones here by the way!) here locally in B.C. and they all three gave me very honest information about there appliances (said there fridges have some issues) and stated that although all new technology has glitches, there FL's are excellent and there BEST appliance. Three very different men to speak to, yet a uniform opinion. The serviceman actually also services Whirlpool (7yrs), Maytag (16yrs), and Samsung's and Bosch(3yrs) too. Said LG's are excellent and most issues are with the buyer's needing education (as many of us have suspected all along in regards to negative comments on various message boards) and the 2nd floor install issue.

With the steamer's, he said the only calls are due to education again and people saying "can't see the steam!".

Additionally, I inquired about the "shouldn't steam 100% cotton notice in owner's manual" and was advised that this wording is being changed. These men told me that there is NO PROBLEM with steaming cotton items...the note was there b/c cotton is a more absorbent material and thus will come out damper than blends when steamed. That's all the warning is for...to prevent the cranky people from complaining the steam cycle leaves clothes too wet to wear. They said "steam all cotton no problem, and hang to dry for 10mins afterwards". That was the clincher for me...a real useable steam cycle. GREAT!!

They did say that I would be wise to invest in an extended warranty and admitted that appliances as a whole are NOT as reliable as they once were (they cited all the electronics involved these days as the main culprit).

So I can't speak about LG service in the USA...but here in Canada, they are incredibly helpful and I don't even have the items in my house!

So those of you on the fence, here's a vote for LG and it's incredibly beautiful line of FL's.

Comments (22)