SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
studly

LG Owners' poll - If you own one, or owned one, do you like it?

studly
15 years ago

Another Q particularly for th' Steamwasher (which I believe is voodoo for clothes, and doubt it will do more than soap and water).

Anyway, mine will be delivered Wednesday, and I'm curious as to how many rave fans and raging dissatisfieds are on this board. Thanks to GardenWeb for th' forum. My first diversion from Tractors, where the same mechanical debates and info on 'tricks' rage on. Cool way to be informed!

Comments (44)

• regus_patoff
    15 years ago

We've had the LG WM2688 & dryer for a few months, but haven't used the steam yet.
    We use the Tide HE from Sam's.
    Some users say Tide HE is too sudsy. We only use about half of recommended. Maybe we'll look for another brand of liquid when this is gone. Service isn't necessarily bad, just far and few between, depending on where the nearest service person is. You could also buy the extended warranty from SquareTrade (eBay), even if you don't purchase it on eBay. (+4th yr. option)
    Vibration on any FL is worse on upper floor instalations.

The LG user & service manuals are here:

http://136.166.4.200/SubPages/DA_Laundry.htm

Some parts can be found at http://www3.sears.com/

type in model number as such: WM2487*

Below is the link for SquareTrade warranty:

Here is a link that might be useful: SquareTrade warranty

• jakethewonderdog
    15 years ago

I like mine!

Only use steam to unwrinkle clothes.

• Related Discussions

Cereus monstrose 'Ming Thing'- Do you own one?

Q

Comments (57)
    What my favourite is is thirds of sifted top soil, Turface MVP and granite chips, but those aren't always easily available, so the screened-for-large-bark-chunks potting soil, cut with half perlite, is usually something that's pretty easy to acquire. I have a British cactus book from the 1950s that list 27 different recipes for cactus mix, depending on the genus of cactus grown, but that's I think going off the deep end (however, reading it is fascinating!).
    ...See More

Agave sisalana variegata- Do you own one?

Q

Comments (13)
    Hi there, I used to have 2 sisalanas which I grew from pups collected in Lanzarote, Canary Isles. They each grew to around 2.5 feet high and were doing just fine till we had a terribly cold/long/snowy winter a few years back and temps plummeted to -18C. The plants were all potted and tucked away in the g/h but they didn't survive, unfortunately. They had vicious spines like daggers on the ends of the leaves that always managed to stab me somewhere! Have never seen the variegated type...they do look good. Gill UK
    ...See More

Kobe hood: Do you own one?

Q

Comments (9)
    I just got one. Its been installed for about 2 months now. It came from venting direct arrived in perfect shape( boxed real well). Mine is 42 inches CH 97. I installed it myself. Its heavy I did the job solo I had to remove all components to hang it. It replaced the common white 36 in hood with two bulb under a plastic lens and a mesh filter about 220 cfm . Its great it makes less noise the the old one but still it not silent by any means. My biggest problem is it makes a strange whistling in second gear. After the motors warm up it goes away (turning it on it goes to second speed) . First gear is silent 3rd and 4th make noise. You move air with a a indoor fan you got noise external fan cost about 1200$ alone then buy a hood. The control switches are strange in their function nothing wrong I just don't get the logic seem like something is lost in translation. As far hard to clean is BS its simple . I worried about the light being dim they are very bright blinding bright. I install it different than by directions I used a 8 inch duct all the way (which is larger than instructed). My roof vent had small output holes so I put a T in the duct and installed a second exhaust on the house's wall. The hood does not come with a back draft damper which I order 2 different ones for my install from the same company. The hood being 25 inches deep is a head banger for me I only nailed it about 3 times you remember it pretty quick. I ordered it with the thought if I didnt like the blowers noise I install a external blower. Which I could still do. This means I pretty happy with the hood itself. I think the most amazing thing about it at as you fire up a burner the hood heats up (place you hand on the hood) switch the fans on the metal temp goes down in in 20 seconds.
    ...See More

Belle Foret Sink - Do you own one?

Q

Comments (3)
    I hope Belle Foret Sinks hold up well, too! They are much more affordable than Rohl's. Mine was shipped directly to the cabinetmakers who said it looked good. I have not seen it yet. Worldmom (I think) has one not yet installed.
    ...See More
  • luvmylg
    15 years ago

I have the 2487 in Wild cherry and matching dryer. I absolutely love the washer! The dryer and I have arguments from time to time (will get to that in a sec), I use the SteamFresh from time to time. As much as I hate ironing there is no substitute for a crisply ironed garment. The SteamWash is cool too, although after having it for a while I wish it were not as long a cycle as the sanitary cycle is, coupled with the fact that I don't believe you have the same bacteria killing properties. It will get the clothes sparkling white though.
    Now...for the dryer! every now and then I will run a load of clothes through the dryer and they have a slight dampness to them, it is generally big and bulky items, beach towels, my jeans (I am 6'4") etc. The dryer balls have been a real asset it doing away with this, but it still happens from time to time. I have cleaned the sensors w/alcohol and I don't use dryer sheets. It is sporadic at best so I live with it. This problem is only encountered when using the "sensor dry". The timed dry will set your clothes on fire if you don't change the heat setting! lol All and all I am happy and would certainly purchase again!
    The machines are on the first floor on top of a base made of 2x12's and top of the base is made real Georgia Pacific 3/4" plywood....no vibrations for me!!! The washer is dynamically leveled as well.
    The LG is sensitive to too much detergent. Mine started a slight leak from the front and I hit the roof!!! ha ha my wife says I always blow up without getting all the facts, but anyhoo, after a call to LG w/elevated voice levels (lol) they said I was using too much detergent. I was at the time using Gain 2x HE, and on the cap they have a 1 (very little) a 2 and a 3. I always used the one and once you take into consideration that once the detergent is poured into the dispenser there is still some residual left in there, so in my mind I was not even using a true "1". It seems to work fine when the load is large i.e. two king size sheets sets, towels etc, but for smaller loads...not to good. I followed their advise and wouldn't you know it there have been no more instances of water leaking. Keep in mind it was only a trickle, but in my mind that was like a trickle at the Hoover dam....eventually it is going to be catastrophic!!! I am now using the Sears powder w/Oxy. I do use the Gain every now and then.

• sparky823
    15 years ago

luvmylg-Do you think the Sears lathers less than the Gain Liquid 2x? I am not crazy about these new extra concentrated liquids. I use the All Free/Clear HE but sometimes Wal Mart won't have the All so I have gotten the Tide Free 2X HE but seems like it doesn't clean as well as the non concentrate did?? I may try the Sears with the Oxy in it.

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

We have the LG WM2688.
    We currently use Tide HE liquid. We use about half of the recommended amount. There is some discussion about being too sudsy.

We are going to try the Sears Ultra Plus w/ Fabric Softener powder (pink lid) 275 loads.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_12605_Appliances_Washers+%26+Dryers_Detergents+%26+Cleansers

And add some OxiClean (not for silk or wool) from Sams's Club.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=535&item=339129

• momof2kids
    14 years ago

Hi, I had the LG WM0642HW and I have to tell you I had it for 4 months and brought them back to Home Depot. The circuit board went 2x on it and waited 2 weeks each time for the part to come in and have it fixed, and I also found that not matter how level the machine was it shook like crazy when in spin cycle. I was told by the repair person that b/c parts are not readily available in comparison to a Maytag, Kenmore etc. it does take time to get the part and then in turn to schedule appt for the repair person to come.
    I then bought Maytag and have to say.....so far so good and very happy!

• feetr2c
    14 years ago

I've had the WM2077 washer and the matching DLE3777 dryer. Had them for almost two years with ZERO problems. LG is beginning to establish itself now in this country as having very good reliability in Consumer Reports. I love my set. The new steam washer is top rated in CR. I've tried many different detergents, but have now settled on the 1 tablespoon-per-load Charlie's soap powder with no fabric softener.

Also, for the DIY-ers among you, check out the following link!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: LG SERVICE MANUALS

• luvmylg
    14 years ago

sparky823...the Sears Ultra (blue lid) does not suds up at all. That is using the recommended amount of one scoop full. As much as I love the Gain 2x HE (luv the smell) it will suds if the load is too small w/the amount the manf. advises. I still use them both though. I have not really noticed a significant difference in cleaning or anything else other than being indifferent to the smell of Sears vs. the WONDERFUL smell of Gain!

• Blue_Fairy
    14 years ago

We have the following LG units:

Washer:WM2277
    Dryer: DLE5977

After 3 years of ownership, we are delighted that we have not needed a repair from a repair tech.

We love the quality of the units as well as the sensible features they employ.

Blue

• weedmeister
    14 years ago

The one thing I'll say about the dryer is that it only has a single sensor, and it's in the front. Hence it doesn't sense very well for small loads. So I sometimes end up running them through twice. It doesn't take twice as long, actually. Just 20+10 instead of 30.

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

The Discovery models (DLG8388, DLG7188, DLE8377, DLE7177) also have an additional sensor in the exhaust stream to detect the moisture level more accurately for better drying results.

• ljsmom
    14 years ago

Washer: WM2277
    Dryer: DLG8388

I love them both. I use Persil Megapearls.

• studly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, now I've had it for a couple of weeks and I love it, too. Home Depot couldn't deliver on Wednesday and didn't bother calling. They set it up for Saturday, but then called and said the truck broke down. They set it up for Tuesday - and they came. Surly but efficient. I wanted to run the rinse and spin cycle with clothes in it before they left, which they protested. I signed and they left after running the machine empty for 1 (one) minute.

They machines are awesome and clean way better than anything I've had before. I use 1/2 of the line 1 Tide HE detergent and some Downey. I mix (dilute) each with a splash of water to make the cap 1/2 full before adding to the tray. My theory is that the potions will not accumulate residue at the delivery point this way. They tray is residue free so far.

I don't know how to make the washer 'steam wash' - it's not in the manual. Do I push the steam button in Normal mode? Steam fresh is not a substitute for ironing, but it's better than nothing.

That's it for now. Luv th' LG's. Thanks to the board for all the support info. especially about soap and leveling properly.

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

"steam wash" is a wash option button in most of the washer cycle modes.

There's also a "steam fresh", which is a separate (non-wash) cycle.

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

We have the the LG steam WM2688.

We also use Tide HE, 1/2 the LINE 1 level, but no need to dilute with water, the LG flushes the tray with plenty of water.

We fill the CUP to the LINE 1 level, but only pour half of it into the dispenser tray, the rest STAYS in the cup till I fill it to LINE 1 again... ...

• studly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So far, I throw the CUP in with the wash (after I dump what will spill into the dispenser) to get the soap out. I'm afraid of dumping the cup if it hangs out with soap in it. A novel idea to keep it stocked. Maybe if I store it in a cabinet...

I'll try pushing steam for a wash cycle.

• emagineer
    14 years ago

I am learning to love mine, but has taken a while to get clothes as clean as prior experience. Thanks for posting the type of detergents. Will try some for better results. I too do not like the liquds, but may have to go with them.

This last week I had a "UE" code show up on the washer. It wouldn't finish the rinse/spin cycle and had to use the separate option to finish load. Looking at the manual, this darn code is for a filter in the BACK of washer. It is supposed to be cleaned at least twice a year. I don't have a problem with filters, although I'm not sure why they really need this.

My units are stacked and in an enclosed area with floor to ceiling cabinets on each side. It is impossible for me to move them out (no "guy" around to help). Do any of you have the same layout and have you cleaned the filter? Did you have to remove the dryer from the stack to move the units?

My only solution is to pull one of the cabinets out. And if I need to do this every few months, probably put wheels on the cabinet rather than being built in. This was not something planned when going to the work of installing/finishing cabinets.

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

If it's a UE (Imbalance Error) then check:

Â The load is too small.
    Â The appliance is tilted.
    Â Laundry is gathered to one side.
    Â Non distributable things are put into the drum.

If it's a IE (Water Inlet Error) then it wouldn't fill the washer in the predetermined time and could be the (clogged) FILTER (screen) on the input to the water line.

• emagineer
    14 years ago

Regus, you are right. I reversed the codes. The UE code was showing up regardless of type of load. It is quite possible the units need to be rebalanced. The IE was once. I don't have hard water, so am unsure why the filter would be clogged. Still, cleaning a filter every six mos is not what was planned.

Went searching and found a recommendation to clean the washer at least once a couple months without anything in it usuing the sanitizer option. Did this yesterday without any codes showing up. May give me some time until a son shows up to help move the units to clean the filter and check balance. Although the stacked units are quiet as a mouse, regardless of loads being washed.

• peteski50
    14 years ago

I would stay away from LG especially after the service issues I had. Even after all this time most repair services don't want to deal with LG.
    Peter

• studly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Another week and we love the way the LG pair works. We each look forward to having enough laundry to fire up a load. It's used as a treat - 'you can do laundry if you do this for me...'

Our outdoor jackets have all been washed & they look sparkling with more vibrant colors than I've seen in a while. Our daughter's coat is still a bit stained, but it was REALLY dirty to start with. I'd wash the dog in it if he fit! kidding.

The steamwash cycle does nothing special for me yet. It takes alot longer, uses practicly no water, and washes about like water so far. Is there a practicle reason to use it? Love the machines so far!

• tigerbangs
    14 years ago

WE had the LG FL combo for about 3 years now, and the washer has been bulletproof. I am sure that anyone can have problems with anything that they buy, whether it is a new washer, a TV set or a car. What really makes the biggest impression is whether the company or it's agents handle the problems well. Frankly, if you buy from a huge outfit like Home Depot, or Sears, you are much more likely to be a number in a system than a customer. We bought our appliances from a local, family-owned dealer and found that our level of treatment and service is far superior to the experience that we got when dealing with a big national chain. Frankly, you deal with a big outfit at your own peril...

• wtfiholly
    14 years ago

So far I have used this FL washer and dryer set with a nervous attitude, only because of all the horrible things that are thrust at me such as, mold, bad service, no replacement parts if it breaks. I must say that a poster here on this site has really calmed my nerves about the mold thing and I appreciate that.
    Consumer Reports says this washer (WM0642H) is one of the best to have next to Bosch. I am so nervous about this set with all the BAD and next to nothing GOOD. Where is LG made?
    My clothes and my linens have come out smelling clean and looking clean. A first for me since I used a 25yr. old washer for 25yrs that was a TL.
    I just got this set (it's the traditional type with the controls at the back) for Christmas as a suprise from my husband. I hope all his research was not in vain. My sweet husband bought it from Home Depot and was proud of this. I hope that service will not be an issue and that my husband is not disappointed with this purchase.
    I have to say that so far I am thrilled with this set and the way it cleans and the way the dryer gets the drying job done without damp spots. I say I like it, so put me down for a "YAY", if it matters. Sorry I went on and on.

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

131 parts for model WM0642H link below:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SmartSearch.aspx?searchText=WM0642H

• oneplustwins
    14 years ago

I have had two sets of LG washers and dryers. No problems with either. In fact, every major appliance in my house, washer, dryer, microwave, range, dishwasher and fridge are all LG.

I have needed warranty service twice (once with the icemaker on the fridge and once with my dishwasher) and had absolutely NO PROBLEMS either time.

• wtfiholly
    14 years ago

Thank you regus_patoff and thank you oneplustwins. I appreciate your help. Thank you for the site and thank you for the GOOD instead of the ugly. I am sorry if I offended either of you with my nervous attitude. Thank you again.
    Holly

• studly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Still fighting over the opportunity to use the washer. Still marvelling over how well it works & how clean it is vs. the old TL machines ( I mean old ). It's kind of like playing a laundry slot machine. So far we always win!

• flahdagal
    14 years ago

I have a six-month-old pair of LG FLs: WM0642HW and DLE0442W, purchased through Home Depot and installed on a ground level tile-over-terrazo floor. These replaced a 15-year-old pair of Maytag TLs. I have had no issues so far that have required a service visit, but I have had the front door leak that seems to be prevalent on these units. Any debris (pet hair) or soap buildup on the front door or gasket has the ability to create a leak, but from what I've read and experienced myself, basic cleaning of the unit will fix the problem.

Calling LG with questions is not recommended. I had questions that were not covered in the owner's manual, called, and found that the lunch-chomping phone attendant had the same manual and no further information, and no inclination to find answers for me.

My MIL and sister have other-than-LG FLs, and both report twisting of towels and sheets, regardless of how they load them. My LG does not do this. High marks there.

Now, all that said, and even though I like these units, I do not see them as the Second Coming of Laundry. All things considered, I would take my basic old Maytags back any day, but that isn't possible. Although my water consumption is lessened, my electric consumption has gone up, even with much shorter drying cycles. Also, I have to pre-treat stains that my old units would have blown away without assistance.

BTW: new here, but you guys have been invaluable to me over time with tricky little laundry issues and also the decision to purchase this pair of LGs. So thanks!

• looser
    14 years ago

flahdagl,
    how can you be sure that it is your washer increasing the electric bill? I don't know about you, but for us the electric bill fluctuates a lot as is mainly affected by the outside temperatures (A/C and heat).
    The only way to use more electricity with a FL compared to a TL is to run more hot cycles where the internal water heater has to engage. At equal temperatures the FL will use less energy (warm and hot cycles) or roughly the same amount (tap cold cycles). Shorter drying cycles do save energy.
    What kind of stains do you have to pre-treat now that your TL would have gotten rid of without assistance? My new FL (a Bosch) does not require more pre-treatment than my old TL. With pre-treatment, my FL gets out stains that the TL didn't get out. But then, our old Hotpoint didn't do a good job at cleaning anyway. Usually, FLs do clean at least as good as TLs. Maybe you should try out a different detergent if you have problems with the cleaning results. I do pre-treat most obvious stains just in case, because I don't like having to wash things twice. I have always done that though and don't feel that it is too much work. I like the fact that the FL does MUCH better at removing bad odors from towels and rags.

I hope you'll keep learning new things from this forum. I have found a lot of good discussions and tips.
    Happy New Year!

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

flahdagl,
    I see you have the electric LG dryer.

Was your old Maytag dryer also electric ?

• flahdagal
    14 years ago

regus,
    Yes, both dryers are/were electric. We are not plumbed for gas here, unfortunately.

looser,
    My comments on electricity are mostly a big 'ol guess, but considering that any load in my new FL takes more that twice as long as my old TL, I would say it's a pretty good guess. Of course, where I live the washer/dryer is probably miniscule compared to my A/C bill.

The staining, however, is annoying. Basic food and food grease stains, and especially deodorant stains that my old Maytag would have eradicated are ignored by my LG. Dirt that I wouldn't have blinked at previously I have to remember to pre-treat now. That's tiresome. I don't believe, however, that if I had tried to duplicate my old Maytags, I would have succeeded. So I can live with these.

An oddity though: has anyone else noticed that green clothing seems to stain more easily and clean with more difficulty? Things that make you go "hmmm".

• looser
    14 years ago

flahdagal,
    the increased cycle time does not lead to a higher electricity usage. It takes very little energy to slowly spin the drum. Most of the energy a washer uses comes from heating up the water (directly in the washer or from the hot water heater). The energy label takes the hot water usage into account. The label of our old TL stated that the average consumption was 794 KWh while the Bosch has a label that says 151 KWh. The actual usage depends on everybody's average wash temperatures. I never did cold loads on my TL because tap cold water didn't get anything clean. I usually used warm and then hot for towels and rags. On the FL the cold cycle is a "controlled" 60 F, so that actually works for lightly soiled clothes. I use the warm (90 F) cycle most often. It saves a lot of energy to warm up 5 gallons of water compared to the 25 gallons the TL used.
    I do have to pre-treat grease stains and they can be a challenge to get rid of. I don't think the TL did any better on them though. I pre-treat most other stains with oxiclean or Spray & Wash and it works good. With the soak cycle I have definitely removed many stains and some dingyness that the TL couldn't remove. Those items have been through the washer and dryer before.

What detergent do you use? I use the Sears Ultra with Stain Fighter and it does a good job on the general dirt and the stains I didn't catch. Grease is really the only thing that it doesn't handle too good. But I do use a lot less than recommended (just half a scoop per load).

• luvmylg
    14 years ago

I'm w/looser on this one too. I absolutely never have to pre-treat any clothes and with regard to washing performance my WM2487 literally obliterates my old Kenmore TL.
    Said it before and will say it again. Some FL newcomers shove so many clothes in the crashing/falling action in a fl does not happen. If the clothes simply turn both ways with the drum...you will have decent smelling funky clothes, they will not be clean!

• flahdagal
    14 years ago

Actually, luvmylg, there is no side to take here. I like my LGs fine, but before my old TL units went toes-up they cleaned fantastically. I find I have to pre-treat clothes more often, that's just a fact. If I have to wash smaller loads than I did before to get the same cleaning power, then bang goes the savings. That said, I'm still happy we bought these units.

• luvmylg
    14 years ago

Understood flahdagal, but if you are having to pretreat clothes to get them clean, something is very wrong. Just out of curiosity what kind of stains are needed to be pre-treated? Are these kid related stains (grass stains etc). I have had to pretreat grass stains from my 7yo, but who hasn't. (lol)
    My earlier comment was based on a buddy of mine who was complaining about his clothes not getting cleaned. I watched him put in a load and even once the clothes were wet you would barely be able to get a pair of socks in there. He stuffed the washer so full they could not possibly get cleaned.

• flahdagal
    14 years ago

I'll try to cut back on the size of my loads...I try to make sure that the back of the machine is clearly visible; i.e., not much more than half full. Is that too full? (BTW, my comment up-thread about the owner's manual and calling LG -- that was exactly my question: how full is full? Her conclusion was that as long as you could see a little of the back of the machine over the top of the clothes, that was okay. I thought that was actually too full.)

I have kid stains, but the ones that I've noticed are antiperspirant marks on my bras, makeup on my shirt collars, and general food/oil. More info: the units are installed in the same place as the old, I'm using the same detergent in HE form, and we now have a water softener with house filter, so if anything the water should be contributing to better washes than perviously.

I'm open to ideas!

• luvmylg
    14 years ago

As far as loading the machine goes; you can put clothes in dry so that the machine is full, because once they are fully wet they will collapse. The problem is as I mentioned with my buddy is that he was literally using his knee to get clothes in the washer. It was so full that even when wet they didnt have enough room to tumble. I have filled mine to the brim, but once they were good and wet the tub was about 3/4 full and have had no issues.

• studly
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Still can't imagine a better set of machines for us. We got the white ones, and forgot they even come in colors!

• adapa
    14 years ago

Any opinions on the LG2116?
    I'm looking at picking it up for $630 tomorrow.

Are the service related issues primarily due to parts not being available?

• regus_patoff
    14 years ago

I can't find that model number listed anywhere.
    Is that a w/d combo ?

• peteski50
    14 years ago

I would stay far away from LG. Their service is horrible. Google (LG service nightmare) - see my experiences alone. Also most service centers do not want to deal with them and they will not let servicers stock parts. I don't have a unit now and it is still easier than the grief I had putting up with LG.
    Peter

• adapa
    14 years ago

Oops- my mistake
    I meant Lg 2016. It's a smaller $700, unit. Oddly on the sears site the reviews are very positive, on another consumer site the reviews are very negative.
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/lg_washing_machine.html

I've done a lot of business with my local sears. we're rather rural so there's everyone knows everyone. I've never had a problem with the service or the store like it seems a lot of people have. I can only assume sears has regional offices & some are better then others.
    Oh some neighbors have complaints about a part being expensive but i don't hear the 'they hosed me' type of statements.

• lolamina
    14 years ago

This was my post on one of the 'Washer/Dryer' threads:

Posted by lolamina (debmacjake@comcast.net) on Wed, May 14, 08 at 1:07

Can't speak on the washer/dryer combo...I have inclination to steer clear of 'combo' anything. But just purchased LG 7188 dryer (w/all latest bells and whistles) and I'm thrilled. Service, as for anything we purchase that we can't fix ourselves, is a concern...but if you take an up-front view of how often service has been needed on specific appliances...that greatly reduces it as a prominent decision factor.
    LG Clothes Dryers just received the 2007 J.D.Power and Assoc. HIGHEST RATING of ALL MAJOR BRAND clothes dryers! We searched for weeks, read hundreds of reviews, and really did our homework - LG hands down for best performance and best value. Also highly rated by all the 'subscription' consumer guides.

Before you listen to any one persons 'service experience' and apply it to the entire Brand...get Pro-Active and see how often service is REQUIRED for your MODEL. Best bet until combos (one machine to do it all!) are perfected, side-by-side and stackable models may well out-perform and require less service. Good Luck!

• oregpsnow
    14 years ago

lolamina - do you work for LG? You have posted this response in at least 3 topics in this forum. When this happens it starts to look like you have ulterior motives.

Most of the members of this forum are independent thinkers and don't rely too much on often flawed reviews by CR and others. In many cases their tests are vague and/or inadequate. The service data for most of these machines is not adequate to make a long-term forecast. This forum can be a more reliable source for real-world data.

I am not anti-LG. I would have one except the HD installers would not install it in my space and I replaced it with a Duet Sport HT. Very happy with the machines and the money left in my bank account. Bells and whistles don't get the clothes clean but they may impress your friends.