SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thegoose_gw

Shower Guard/Bath Screen instead of shower curtain

thegoose
16 years ago

I was reading rococogurl's post Steal This Bathroom! and am intrigued by her use of what she calls a Shower Guard (which I seem to see on the web more commonly called a Bath Screen).

{{gwi:1480092}}

She states on her website:

I donÂt care for shower curtains, and didnÂt want a sliding door on a track, which I find hard to clean. I first planned a narrow fixed-glass panel in front with a bi-fold door in back. But that restricted access to the tub for cleaning.

Then I remembered taking a photo of an ingenious and very functional shower guard in a hotel room in Cannes. I gave the photo to our contractor, who worked with his shower door fabricator and improved it. As a result, the shower guard swings away for easy cleaning or use by two. The knob alerts guests not to mistake it for a fixed panel as opposed to a "door." The addition of rubber gaskets along the bottom and the inside edge keep it watertight.

I echo her view on shower curtains and doors. I too have seen these bath screens, but almost exclusively when traveling in Europe. A google search for "Bath Screen" confirms this, with a list of vendors almost exclusively from the UK. I'm curious how many folks here in the US or Canada have installed these? Were they hard to source? Did you have any trouble getting them installed? Do you like them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (18)