SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Fixed panel shower guard/screen/shield for long, narrow stall

marisany
16 years ago

IÂm planning a complete renovation of a very small (5Â x 5.5Â) full bath. We now have a tub/shower combo, and IÂve posted before asking about sources of very narrow tubs, and later about the possibility of using a narrow, long (30-32" x 5Â) shower stall instead of the combo. IÂve decided to go with the shower stall, and now IÂm looking into using a fixed glass panel (shower guard/bath screen) instead of sliding doors or a curtain. There was a thread on these recently:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg0914213727709.html

that referred to rococogurlÂs bathroom, described in "Steal this Bathroom!," that used one of these. The link to the detailed thread, however, no longer works so I canÂt see what she did.

These are my questions. From what IÂve seen, most of these are hinged. IÂm thinking of using a fixed panel that encloses part of the stall, leaving 2-3Â open for entrance. The advantages of a fixed panel are that the cracks between the glass and the walls and floor could be sealed, and I donÂt have a lot of room for a swinging door. IÂm also wondering whether this can be used on a shower stall. The photos IÂve seen are for tub/shower combos. IÂm also wondering where to buy it. They seem to be very popular in England, but I havenÂt seen sources here.

I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice anyone could offer.

Comments (3)