SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19982892

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished......

User
13 years ago

Boy did I learn my lesson!

Yesterday as I was driving through a parking lot, I had to slow down because a car was backing out of a parking spot into the "roadway" in front of me.

Bam! a car backing out of a spot slams right into the side of my car. Not a lot of damage but damage none the less, big scratch and a mess up to the cowling around the wheel.

The driver was a young girl, very weepy and worried she would be in big trouble with her dad, she is 17.

I knew the damage wasn't huge, so I took pictures, got her name and number, also got name and number of a witness to the damage, not to the accident though. She promised she would talk to her parents and call later in the day. She was in class and had music lessons after, really a nice kid.

So......Dad calls later in the evening, seems OK except I detected a bit of tone when he asked just how "permanent" the damage was....Huh? Permanent until it's fixed!

Clive was really upfront and said that there was some scratches on the door that we had had an assessment on and we would take it back for another assessment. We would only expect him to pay if there was any increase in the price due to this accident, otherwise forget it, we were going to have it painted anyhow.

The Dad is fine, sounds appreciative and arrangements are made to have him come over and look at he damage this AM. No show, Three messages left, none returned.

Finally he calls to say our problem not his.....no proof that his daughter did the damage. Says we should have called the police.

Clive is a raving lunatic by now......now he has called our insurance, there won't be a penalty to us, our record is impeccable and we have that "first one is on us" option anyway.

But they will report it to the young ladies insurance company and we do have a witness to the damage and to her admitting she did it. I suspect her premiums will take a big jump......didn't need to happen.

I hate when jerks get pushed in my face. I'm ticked at how it turned out but I thought I wads doing the "right " thing.

Comments (21)