Houzz Logo Print
plllog

What's cooking -- or not?

1 hour ago

It has been scorching here, though just at my house there has been just enough moisture in the air to keep it from feeling like one's skin is being yanked off, without horrible humidity effects.


Yesterday, I finally found an hour when I didn't feel like turning on the oven would be a taunt to the air conditioner and made an egg bake. Previously cooked mushrooms with fresh broccolini and red dandelion greens in a peppery custard with smoked jack on top. I need to cook a cauliflower and a couple of artichokes, and some proteins and squash.... It seems similarly less hot today, but not so sure about the ovens... I still have a few servings of very yummy brothy beans, but I also should make bread tomorrow.


Is it hot where you are? Are you cooking? Or is it chilly and if so are you moving into more autumnal dishes? Trying out spooky foods? Stocking the freezer (I need to make stock and spaghetti sauce but only when it's cooler for long cooks)?


Or are you scrounging picnic foods from the fridge?

Comment