What's Cooking Today?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
Related Discussions
Soooo...Whats Cooking Today?
Comments (16)So I see someone wants a corned beef sandwich? Sorry, I haven't made the corned beef yet, but when I do you are very welcome to come here and have a sammie Bestlawn!!!! In a matter of fact there was no dinner cooking at this house tonight, I wanted to make Steak-Umms and when I went to get them they were not there. So, DH decided to go out to dinner and that is what we did tonight! I am so tired of fixing and eating the same old stuff, something interesting is what I want with same hot spices and wonderful flavoring....See MoreWhat's Cooking in Your Kitchen Today?
Comments (15)I need to get up and get busy...have soup to make and laundry to do I'm thinking of trying that sugar free pumpkin cheesecake, but it calls for almond meal. I have almonds, but directions I've found for almond meal say to use a coffee grinder and flour sifter, and I have neither. I have a hand blender, I will try that. Only need 1/2 cup....See MoreWhat Is Cooking Today, Sunday, May 1, 2016?
Comments (11)Followup on the Mexican Pot Roast recipe. Ended up not being too hot at all, interestingly. I am guessing that by shredding the pork the pepper had to be absorbed by much more product, thus reducing the heat level. Also, shredding the meat made this a very dense, there was very little broth left, so ladling it over the cornbread made it really thick. It was very tasty though. Am not sure I will make it anymore, though I might make it using 1-2 pounds ground pork or 1-2 pounds ground beef. The ground meat may be a better vehicle for the rest of the ingredients....See MoreWhat did you cook today?
Comments (26)We got a batch of vegetables from the CSA my wife signed up for, including four small leeks. I was at a loss to come up with what to make so after a google search for "chicken and leeks" I made the following recipe: https://iowagirleats.com/2015/01/12/leek-and-mushroom-chicken-skillet/ I made steamed broccoli as the side rather than asparagus, but It was simply delicious. On the plus side, there still are two of the leeks left so I may make the exact same dish again tonight. On the down side, the CSA people said that "it wasn't working out for them", and that last night was going to be the last delivery, and they refunded the remainder of the money. :-(...See More- 9 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNToday’s Coffee Stations Have All Kinds of Perks
Some of these features are so over the top that they will give you a jolt
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN10 Elements of Today's State-of-the-Art Kitchens
New technology, smart kitchen layouts and the hottest new appliances will make you feel like a Top Chef
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES1970s Style Finds Groove Today
The bright colors and unmistakable patterns of the '70s are swinging back into homes, but with modern flair for today's interior designs
Full Story
FIREPLACESHeat Your Space in Style with Today's Wood-Burning Stoves
Cleaner burning and streamlined, new wood-burning stoves warm up the room
Full Story
DECLUTTERING10 Types of Clutter to Toss Today
Clear the decks and give the heave-ho to these unneeded items
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNEasy Green: 10 Small Kitchen Changes to Make Today
Taking small steps in going green can lead to big results over time, and starting in the kitchen is a smart choice
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES7 Renaissance Design Features Right at Home Today
Your home may be taking design cues from the Medicis, from a single silk pillow to a sky-high ceiling over that four-poster bed
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: ‘Downton Abbey’ Looks That Look Great Today
These modernized versions of high-society favorites will serve you well all around your own manse
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNThe Cooking Hearth Never Looked So Good
Today's Range Hoods Have High Style to Match Their Function
Full Story
Texas_Gem