SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janine_mcdaniel

No good deed goes unpunished!!!

Janine McDaniel
7 years ago

Yesterday it finished snowing and our complex was plowing. I received a text from my next door neighbor to move my car and I did. The tenants were asked to move it in front of another building about 2/10s of a mile away, no problem. I had been standing around for ten minutes when a young African American woman came up to me and asked me if that was my daughter in a silver jaguar. Responding no, I then asked what car. When I went to the car a young girl no more than 4 was strapped in her car seat, doors unlocked, and no heat. Yes, she had a jacket on so my first instinct was somebody must have stepped into the apartment in front of the car to get something. I waited ten more minutes. It has now been 20 minutes and the last ten I have been walking around the car multiple times taking pictures and video. You would think that person would have seen me and come out to see what was going on but they didn't. Waiting five more minutes, I then decided it was time to call the police. It was getting colder and the child had fallen asleep. The police said and I quote, "the officer will be there in 15 minutes". What????? There is a child around 4 in a car without an adult around her but me, a stranger, and the custodian of this child is nowhere to be found. This was not a car that had a apartment complex sticker on the left back bumper so I knew it was visiting. Who the heck would leave a child in a car this long?

Approximately 3 minutes before the cruiser arrived, the woman steps out of an apartment bldg well over an acre away and says, "What are you doing?". Really, this much time has passed and you finally notice me?! Wow! I said I'm waiting for the police because you left a child in the car alone. She responds with, "I'm right here. I've been watching her. You're gonna get knocked out." Oh yes the highlight of my day being told somebody's going to clock me because hey, I cared about a child in a freezing cold car alone who could be abducted. Heck I could have taken her easily! The woman says again "You're gonna get knocked out" and of course I responded after her cussing and threatening with "Nice language. So you're going to threaten to assault me because I cared about that child alone in a freezing cold car!"

Police showed up and this woman says, "Oh It's Lovejoy, this'll be f'n easy" (she used the complete word of course) I told the officer what she threatened, that I had video footage, and pictures of the child being alone and her coming from the apartment to the car with said threats. Now, wouldn't you think threatening to knockout a person is criminal threatening? I would. I called the local Child Services and made a complaint about the woman and that was that.

Until, I went over to my neighbors whose mother just got out of the hospital after multiple pulmonary embolisms. She saw the cruiser and asked if I knew what was going on and I told her. Also, I showed her the video and wouldn't you know it one of the women, not the one who threatened, was her sons counselor (he has prada-willi syndrome, google it)! I left and an hour later she starts texting me, my next door neighbor, about the witness to the child being left in the car alone.

Now she wants me to keep HER counselor out of it, like I even knew who the woman was or could keep her out of it. The police already took the report. Several texts later, after explaining she may not have known the child was alone till she got out there, I'd had enough and needed a face to face with my neighbor because I felt she had misconstrued the texts.

Oh boy! That was a mistake. I showed up at her door and knocked and I hear this wail of "Oh NO NO No NO NO NO, now you're messing with my family." I tried to explain but she was pissed drunk, slurring her words, hit her outside screen door open farther and hard, and came at me. Hands up in surrender, I backed away said she was drunk that we would talk tomorrow. Low and behold she followed me to my apartment screaming, swearing, threatening me, and then proceeded to hit my screen door and say, "Here now you have a reason to call the cops on me now"! Yeah Wow...

I could hear her through the apartments crying, sobbing, and screaming plus drunk. Her son, disabled, crying and sobbing too, her mother I have no idea but neither of these people should be in the care of a drunk no matter what!

Here I go do a good deed, save a little girl, hopefully, and my neighbor inserts herself into the situation because her counselor is involved. As if I knew the woman, which I didn't, or had control over her being involved, which I didn't! Why is it no good deed goes unpunished?

That child could have froze or worse been abducted!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH