SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va

That old woman was here today

sue_va
15 years ago

First, as she finished her tea at breakfast she tipped the cup over and spilled what was left onto the table and down onto the chair and the floor, and of course on the way down it splattered onto her jeans, socks and shoes!

You know a small amount of sweetened tea triples on whatever it lands on. That is part of Murphy's Law I think. I guess I can't blame her too much. Her fingers are somewhat arthritic.

I went ahead and mixed up that Peach Cobbler I had been planning to make since Glenda posted it, and put it in the oven.

I cleaned up all that mess the old woman had made. Put the table cloth, place mats, jeans, socks, shoes and the beach towel I wiped it up with in the washing machine. I cleaned off the chair, mopped the kitchen and had everything pretty much in order.

Then I hear someone at the door. It is the road-sealing guy telling me they are going to do my driveway today. They had already been working up the street and they looked tired and weary. It was very hot, so I offered the four of them a cold drink, which they appreciated.

So far so good. I only had one cold drink left in the fridge, which I had planned to refresh myself with after all that cleaning up. No good deed goes unpunished though.

That old woman showed up and got out a 12 pack of Cheerwine and started putting them in the fridge. One of them slipped out of her hand and hit the floor right at the edge of the door to the utility room, which opens from the kitchen and right beside the fridge. The same ML that applies to tea applies even more so to bright red Cheerwine. It also spews and spreads out like fireworks. Got her straight in her eye glasses and down to her feet, onto the corner of the doorway, the door, the baseboard and of course the floor. This time she only had to take off the shoes and socks and clean her glasses.

Then she disappears and I have to clean it up. I've never mopped any floor twice in the same day before. There's a first time for everything though.

I never did drink my Cheerwine, but now its time for a bite of dinner, and at least I have Peach Cobbler to look forward to.

I'm not giving HER any though!

Sue

Comments (5)