Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Treats to make for Halloween party?

4 hours ago

It's October so we get to say the H-word. :) I had gone easy on my treat plan: Annie's cuppa peanut butter as pumpkin shaped popovers (pop provided by TJ's creamy PB, shape from mini-cheesecake pan). These are cookie boxes, and I was going to put candy corn in half. ...

...

Yawn...


No, really, they're dead easy and cute. But I've been enjoying stretching myself in the kitchen, and the cookie boxes are tried and true And then I worried that some might not be able to be around peanuts.. So I was thinking of some kind of dark chocolate bark. I have plenty of dried fruit and fresh nuts. Or, I think I have some nearly pumpkin colored chocolate ingots.


Or I could try Chloebud's pumpkin bars. I've saved the recipe three times. And I could make mini chocolate tartlets (i.e., small cookie sized)--I have a mold for candy eyes-- but those are nutritionally indefensible. So, I thought of trying to make pumpkin leather. Spicy pumpkin leather with honey. Maybe blueberry slices for eyes? So it could be spooky spicy honey pumpkin leather?


Those who will partake are older than younger and my reason for making treats is for me to have fun. I could toast some pepitas with a little flavor and have something nutritious and seasonal but ...yawn...


Are you making Halloween themed treats? Do you have any suggestions for mine?

Comments (5)