SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diggingthedirt

New England Garden Events

diggingthedirt
17 years ago

Following up on Solana's Calendar of New England gardening events thread, I started a test for a calendar for us at blogspot. I decided a new thread was probably in order, and am repeating some info from that thread here.

Anyone on the forum who'd like to help keep the calendar up to date and complete, please let me know - I'd just need your email address (if it's not on your member page).

Anyone who wants to submit events but not work on the calendar itself could do that via email or on the forum. Any events that are for GW-NE forum members only can be listed on the blog calendar with no additional info, members will know where to look for details (ie, on this forum). We can label them "private event" or something like that.

Blogspot is really easy to use, even if you're not a tech type. For anyone considering starting a blog, this could provide a "guided tour" of the capabilities. It's a different type of venue from GW, and has its own good and bad qualities.

I added the December events from the Christmas House tour thread, just to test it out. I've got to work on keeping the posts in chronological order by month; within the month is easy to do.

If anyone likes this idea and would like to work on it, let me know; I think I just need your email address. If this looks like too much work, I'll just drop it and we'll find another way.

Here is a link that might be useful: NewEnglandGardenEvents blog sample

Comments (3)