SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

Monthly Lectures

runktrun
15 years ago

In the recent thread "Clubs" there was a correlation made between garden clubs and the New England forum and in many ways I couldnÂt agree more. Yesterday while listening to an un-edited lecture on orchids I was thinking of the differences between retrieving information orally and from the written word. Both certainly have their pluses and minuses but for the most part I tend to go to lectures more for the human connection and retrieve a majority of horticultural information from books and of course the internet. The valuable asset of the New England forum is that we have both the human connection as well as collectively we offer a valuable quantity of information.

This all led me to think how wonderful it might be if those folks who were interested picked a topic relevant to horticulture and chose to write about either a topic they had experience with or one totally new to them. Forum members would then respond with Q&A related to the written lecture. These abbreviated lectures could be posted on the first Tuesday of the month for example, with those interested in participating taking turns, with a dozen interested authors it would mean research and writing about a topic of interest to you once a year. Any one interested?

Comments (13)