SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

I just hate myself

lucillle
13 years ago

Got a nice American canner used on Ebay a few years ago but had qualms about using it. I think maybe I just didn't have time to read up. Last year I sold off a bunch of my stuff anticipating a move across the country which never happened (I couldn't sell my home). In one way, it was good, I got rid of tons and boxes of stuff, I never considered myself a pack rat but I had a lot of stuff that wasn't necessary. I am delighted to be able to walk into a better organized garage where I can actually find something.

Unfortunately (this was not a good choice and I hate that I did this) one of the casualties was the canner.

I'm newly retired and want to learn to can for real this time. I'm going to buy an American canner and also a propane burner to can on the porch so I don't have to deal with all the heat in the house.

I'm thinking of a larger canner, do any of you have larger ones and are you happy with your decision or do you wish you had gotten a smaller one?

I'm posting a bunch over in the vegetable forum as I'm refurbishing my neglected garden; I'm hoping to have enough to eat and then some, so I can learn to can, and will plant more next year as I pick up steam.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or suggestions.

Comments (13)