SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natives_and_veggies

Ricky's swap

I thought it would be a neat time to post my results from the fall swap. I'm afraid I haven't kept good records of who gave me what but thank you to all of you.

The gumbo limbo is leafing out and blooming.

The yellow plumeria is blooming and smells wonderful, validating my decision to plant it next to the front walk. The months of bare limbs made me really wonder, but every time I lean over to smell it as I walk in or out of the house, I know I was right.

The rouge plant has survived the drought, and is coming back (I thought I killed it with neglect.)

Another native I can't remember the name of is still happy, but hasn't bloomed yet to give me a clue what it is (I also lost the third native, I fear to the puppy's big destructive paws.)

Thai basil and holy basil still going strong.

Devil's walking stick is a nice addition to the rock garden.

The dwarf mulberry rooted nicely and will go in the ground pretty soon.

The Christmas cactus is growing great guns, despite neglect.

The amaryllis actually had a baby pop up in the pot too, and mother and child are happy.

The anthurium seem happy, but haven't bloomed yet.

And every brom I was given is doing wonderfully, many of the really pretty ones doing better than my cheap big box broms!

Thanks so much to all of you who donated to my little garden. I know I didn't bring nearly enough to trade for this bounty.

I'll be back at this year's swap, again with a few little trades, and a vow not to bring so much home with me!

And I'd love to hear more from anyone I gave or traded tomatoes or other plants to. Anyone actually eat a green zebra? Anyone have as good luck as I have with that unnamed yellow? How did the romas do? Mine is covered with fruit, but it's not the tastiest fruit I've ever had. So I'm going to be looking for a variety with a little more flavor. I know romas tend to be better for pastes than salads, but I had a better roma a couple years ago. Wish I knew what it was.

Susannah (who's feeling awfully good about her yard after writing this, despite the sorry state it's in right now.)

Comment (1)