SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nytrinigemini

HAVE: Page 3 of Ricky's Swap-A-Que

nytrinigemini
16 years ago

Page three....WOW ...alot of trading going on..

Lisa I have Tillandsia if you would like.

I can't remember who was looking for salvia....but I have alot of seedlings sprouting up...including the light pink....I'm all out of pots right now so I will pull them up the morning of the swap and wrap them really good to bring. They should make it....When I got mine from Kat It was bare-rooted all day throughout the swap and it did fine.

I still have blue agave for anyone who wants.

Comments (150)

• abendwolke
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I have a red and a 'regular' pink one, but not a light pink, if you have one for me that would be great :-)

Thanks,

Evelyn

• nytrinigemini
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sure Evelyn....got your name on a few... :-)

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Ricky's May 4th Swap-a-que - swap list

Q

Comments (150)
    Katkin, I have enough tilandsia for you :-) I don't care what type of dragon fruit it is....right now I am into edibles and the dragon fruits is such a weird one...it will be a surprise :-) Actually the first time I had a dragon fruit was at a swap....the first time I had a mulberry was a few days ago from a plant I got at a swap...I learn so much and try so many different things because of gardenweb:-) Veronika, thank you so much....I looked up the the dragon fruit and itlooks cool I can't wait to get it:-) And my hubby has been wanting a lobster claw for awhile now. We bought some seeds once....the birds thanked us for lunch :-)
    ...See More

SWAP: Spring 2009 Swap-A-Que - swap and food list

Q

Comments (150)
    Kristi I will make room thanks! What else do you want? Sillybugs I do have the crinium and will bring you one as well as a couple crown of thorns cuttings. I will be bringing a few different hedychiums or butterfly gingers. Ladygreensleves I would like to trade for the amazon I have one but have a great spot for another. Don't need the tall porterweed but if you have the native small one I will take some.
    ...See More

wanted: wanted: swap-a-que - oct.13 - swap list # 3

Q

Comments (41)
    Back home already, sorry I couldn't stay for the delicious food, but I had a great time and it was pleasure meeting you all.. well those who were there before 1pm. I'm a little mad at myself, because I forgot three of my trade plants near the curb by the walkway to the backyard. The sweet corn is the one I'm most sad about... oh well..there's always next year right.. Thanks again to everyone for making me for welcome and to our lovely host and hostess for opening your home, yard and driveway to us all. hope you all enjoy your holy basil.
    ...See More

WANTED: Ricky's Fall Swap-a-que - call for invitations

Q

Comments (26)
    If you don't mind I would love to come. I have not been to a swap ihere in a couple of years but used to host them when I was living in CT. I do have some stuff already potted up but will start getting more stuff together and will post a list. Oh yeah, is anyone making baked beans? Or tater salad? Cherie in Jupiter Farms
    ...See More
  • teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

Evelyn,
    I know I said that I want to bring nothing back with me, that bloom of Selenicereus Grandiflorus knocked my socks off. If you still have a cutting I'd love one.
    Thanks,
    Nancy

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Michele,
    Would you keep us posted on the little violet/ground cover
    you get from Evelyn ?

I am not ready to plant my pathways yet....still redoing
    my beds....after rasing the grade (>_I would like to know how well this does for you in zone 10

I got the p peanut in a pathway taking full sun. Great stuff :)
    Thanks, D`Ann

• nytrinigemini
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will definitely keep you posted... It's so pretty ....I hope it makesit :-)

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    15 years ago

There are 28 six-inch pots of Cassia bahamensis seedlings waiting for you guys. Most have three plants to a pot. Please take one as you tour the garden. They're on the ground in front of the mistbed, which is off, not to worry.

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

Nancy, I have you on my list for a Queen of Night cutting :-)

Evelyn

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

Here is what I have potted cuttings/divisions of:

Ampelaster (native), purple firespike, pink salvia

Cuphea lanceolata starfire, white Mandevilla, euphorbia Diamond Frost

Passiflora Amethyst, perennial morning glory, angelwing begonia

Forsythia sage, cardinal climber, cuphea candy corn

Acetosella rounded foliage, Acetosella maple leaf foliage, red firespike

Spiral ginger, butterfly ginger, Alternanthera

Fishtail fern, coral porterweed, variegated mint

also: Jatropha, curly copperleaf, popcorn cassia, African blue basil. Plus the already mentioned cuttings and divisions of Queen of the Night, violets and yellow bulbine and the big red fountain grass.

Anyone wants to trade for croton, amaryllis, bromeliad, stapelia, salvia hot lips and huernia life saver?

Evelyn :-)

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Evelyn,
    I would love to have some of your coral porter weed.

Last September our coconut palm got struck by lighting and killed both the tree and my coral porter weed that was right next to it .

In fact, I took pictures of the damage..... it was real scary.... It was about 30 foot from the house !

Do you have any bromeliad ? I had to move mine after the storms and some of them are starting to bloom again. I didn`t want to give them away till I knew what they were...... I have taken some cutting of crotons and they are rooted. I will bring them so you can look at them.

D`Ann

• coffeemom
    15 years ago

Evelyn, I would love some candy corn and Acetosella rounded foliage. (I have the maple leaf.)
    I have alot of broms. What kind are you looking for? Neos, guz? billi?
    I'll see if I can get a small piece off my lifesaver for you.

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

D'Ann, is your hubby interested in English roses, this David Austin rose is gorgeous but I don't have room for it. I'd have to cut it back to get it in the car but it grows quickly. Do you or does anyone else want it? For this swap this rose is appropriately named. 'The Generous Gardener.'

Nancy

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

D'Ann, your name is on the coral porterweed. I just have a few broms and a few crotons, so whatever you want to share is great.
    Coffeemom, I have you on my list for African Blue Basil, Candy Corn and the Acetosella round leaf. and same as above, I will be happy with whatever you want to share with me :-)

Kathy, I have you on my list for nasturdium, a cardinal climber, ampelaster, cuphea starfire, passi amethyst, pink salvia. the coral porterweed I can bring you cuttings.

Evelyn

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Nancy :) Thanks :)
    I just asked my husband last night where would he like to see roses in the yard and he wants them across the front of the porch .( In front of the house )

We have gone to a few of the rose society meetings at mounts, but he gets up at 4 am , works hard, and is over 50 . So we don`t go regularly LOL !

I just planted my coleus, I will start one of each for you to pick from.

D`Ann

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

It's yours then D'Ann. Please let me know when you are going to the rose society meeting. I will meet you there. I went once and enjoyed it but it would be nice to know someone there.
    Nancy

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Sounds good :)

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

Does anyone have any brug, Frosty Pink cuttings? I cleared a spot. I've never had good luck but maybe in this spot.
    Thanks,
    Nancy

• coffeemom
    15 years ago

I have a pink brug. I couldn't swear if it was frosty or insignia(?) I can bring you a generous cutting or try to cut the 1 I have down to transport size. I'm like you, I'm running out of room and somethings have got to go.
    Think as big as the dewdrop.
    How far back can I cut it without killing it?

Evelyn, broms it is.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Evie, have any more of the Coral Porterweed? It would look yummy mixed in with my purple. I put another brom pup in with the dark red one for you...mama prob came from Kristi along with the red one and no name! lol

Teka, when I first saw that rose I thought it was a Peony. It's luscious!

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

Cindee, no more rooted cuttings of the coral porterweed, but if you like I bring you some cuttings, they should root pretty easy.

Evelyn

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Oh no! I can't come to the swap!

I'll be so sorry to miss you all. I'm sending big mental hugs but wish I could deliver them in person.

I owe some of you plants and will be happy to mail them. When the swap is over if there's something you haven't gotten that you think I might have, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Ricky, I hate to miss the party!
    Katkin, I'm sending your rose along with Evelyn.
    Kat, we need to talk so you can remind me what all you wanted from the garden tour here! If I can't get it to Evie before she leaves, I'll bring it down later this summer. I'm sure I'll be making the trip within a couple months.
    Don't remember who else I promised plants to but I'll be happy to mail them if you send me a reminder!

Kate (waving sadly as the camera as the picture fades to black)

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Oh Kate, I am broken hearted! Send me your snail mail addy so I can send the Plumie cuttings (rooting) for you and your friend. I am so very sad!!!

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Evelyn,
    I just notice that one on my bromeliads is blooming.
    Google Portia Petropolitana extensa,. It has a long lasting bloom that looks like grapes on
    the ends. Would you like it ?

Katkins , remember I gave you a brom thinking it was a del mar ?
    I made a mistake, I gave you this instead. That is why I am holding off on
    sharing them . I want to make sure I know what they are. I am also going to start writing things down.

I also have another one that I thought it was an Aec. fendeleri, but the bloom is different that the ones I looked up . I will take a picture.

I would offer them to Ricky, but they aren`t his colors LOL !

Steve and I had a very productive day in the yard :) We had fun :)

D`Ann

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Oh sorry you can't make it Kate. You'll be missed for sure.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

D'Ann=any sun loving broms would love to come home with me...what can I give you??

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

D'Ann, if Portia Petropolitana extensa is one of the huge ones, I have it already (Kathy gave me a pup)and someone else may want to trade you for it :-)

Evelyn

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Evelyn....... That is why i like to ask first :)

I put your name down for other broms ...gotta
    let them bloom first.

Cindeea, do you have this one ??

D`Ann

• wanda662
    15 years ago

I'm sorry to say I can't make it either!
    I was looking so forward to meeting everyone and seeing Ricky's garden!

Katkin, I have tried 3 times to get this Jasmine to grow and it keeps dying on me.
    Treefrog, I'll send your cutting down with MsMarion.
    I don't think there was anyone else I was going to bring cuttings too but if there is let me know!

Thanks Ricky!!

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

anyone here have pepper corn seeds or cuttings?
    and.. would anyone like my 2 loanly red ponytail palm seeds, or some coleus seeds?

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

Thanks Kristi for the frosty pink. Thanks Evelyn for the lovely Selenicereus Grandiflorus.
    Nancy

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Evelyn, the bromeliad from D'Ann is NOT the one I gave you. Her's is a diffent one. So go for it. :o) I didn't have pups from her's yet.

• abendwolke
    15 years ago

ok, D'Ann, did you read this? I guess I need a pup of the Portia Petropolitana extensa afterall ;-)

thanks so much

Evelyn
    Thanks Kathy for watching out for me :-)

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Hello ..........

Okay Evelyn its yours :) Hope you enjoy it !

Kathy , I am glad I gave you something that you didn`t already have.

When I tell ya all that we have a major yard re do...we were not lying.
    After Wilma, we have raised the grade of our lot from anywhere 6 " to 35"
    EVERYTHING went into pots, we spread the dirt, then replant.
    And we are still at it. Ask Lisa......... she's seen the mess. LOL !

Unfortunately some plants like the bromeliads , I can not identify by just looking at the leaves
    so I don`t know what the hell they are :)

But they are starting to bloom , and I am starting to put thing back in the ground.

Kathy, can you take pictures of yours the next time it bloom ?
    I am wondering how yours differ that mine.

Is yours starting to bloom now ?
    D`Ann

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

No, mine is not blooming now. It has 2 foot long strappy leaves, takes full sun and has little blue ball-like flowers like porta. Yours has shorter fatter leaves and if I remember correctly looks more like the del mar.

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

D'Ann and Evelyn, I just did a search and my bromliad is the portea petropolitana, but that is not the bromeliad that you gave me D'Ann, unless I got yours mixed up with another one in my garden.

• wanna_run_faster
    15 years ago

Katkin, don't know from personal experience lol, but the guy I bought my broms from said that the leave shape can change according to how much sun. In his garden he showed me how a plant that didn't get alot of sun had much longer and strappier leaves, while the same kind in full sun was much shorter.

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Kathy,
    This is that "bad" thing about being given plants, sometimes we get the wrong info LOL !

I was given this bromeliad years ago. I was told it was " portea.

Working at a flower shop I made the association of the flower "protea" and
    because the flower spike has purple balls on the ends, and looks like grapes
    I always refer to it as the grape brom. I will be taking pictures.

Anyway , I am glad you like yours. Evelyn will have one .
    And so will cindea ...but I haven`t heard from her. I will bring it anyways.

See you all soon :)

D`Ann

• coffeemom
    15 years ago

Someone I work with, who also gardens,wants to know if anyone wants a baby screw pine. Be sure and read this first if you think it's something you might want. For some reason she loves hers.

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

cindea..

You got mail :)

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

Does anybody want lancepod or royal poinciana tree seeds?

• treefrog_fl
    15 years ago

Cachucha pepper seedlings? 4 to a pot, a few pots to spare.
    Siam Ruby bananas? a few left.

• greenacresgirl
    15 years ago

treefrog,
    I would love some cachucha peppers, sounds like they would be great with my jerk chicken!

What can I give you? I have russian sage, amaryllis papillio, tons of plain old basil, some kind of lavendar pentas, some kind of purple mums....and I am bringing an interesting houseplant for anyone who wants some.

Michelle

• greenacresgirl
    15 years ago

Correction. It is lavender aster, NOT pentas. I can divide them for anyone who wants them. They are really quite pretty.

Michelle

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    15 years ago

Michelle - You cook jerk style? Bring a sample of your dry rub and we'll swap recipes. I took third place last year in the Jerk Festival Contest at Markham Park.

• pamelainfl
    15 years ago

treefrog,
    Will you save a Siam Ruby for me please. I actually paid for one a while ago but I never had time to pick it up.
    Pamela

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Cindea , you must of not gotten my email.

I have two pups left.

Aechmea fendleri.
    Portea ( my grape brom ) that might be missed labled.

You have first pick and then the other will go to Cherie.

Let me know.

D`Ann

• treefrog_fl
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    The cacuchas have just sprouted, so they're tiny, but will do well! They are wonderfully flavored mild chiles, very productive.
    I did find out that if you want to keep them growing year after year you must plant fresh seeds. They don't stay viable for long.
    Maybe I would grow a Russian sage if you have a little one.

Pamela, one Siam Ruby for you. I see you were on the list, but didn't know you had already paid Lisa for it, and hadn't heard from you. See you Sunday.

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

treefrog_fl- did you ever get my email?

-sb

• treefrog_fl
    15 years ago

Yes, SB, I just mailed back. They all have your name on them.

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

Thanks i hope that doesnt make me a plant piggy?!!
    *snorts*

btw didnt get the email yet. :)

• katkin_gw
    15 years ago

I'll take a few of the lavender asters. Thanks Would you like a red stemmed EE?

Sponsored