SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armyyife

I think it may be time to take the big guns out!

armyyife
13 years ago

I don't know about anyone else but I am really having a hard time with thripes and 2 different kinds of sucking bugs doing a job on most of my roses and now the jp's are coming (found a few on my roses)! I am out everyday going to each rose pinching the little soft body suckers, smashing the hard bodied leaf hoppers, cutting all the destroyed buds off all the roses that the thripes and sucker bugs are destroying and three times have sprayed with 2 different types of organic pest control that says it gets rid of these pests but nothing! I have avoided chemical pesticides but now some of my roses like my beloved DdB, Belinda, and Mrs B R Cant are looking terrible and ratty! The babies are having trouble because some of them are struggling since every little bit of new leaf growth and flower buds are being attacked. This is by far the worst I have ever had for some reason. My spring flush was not effected but everything after has been.

So now I am going to pull the big guns out and look at getting a non organic pesticide to rid myself of these pests once and for all! Does anyone have any recommendations? I actually did use Bayer Advanced Complete 3 in 1 early this spring but it hasn't seemed to do a darn thing. So I'm thinking a spray?

The one organic thing I haven't tried is Neem oil but since I haven't had any luck with the others I'm thinking it too will be a waist of money.

Is anyone else having a unusually bad time with pests this year?

~Meghan

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz