SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crashboombang

Hubby thinks I'm nuts, so may you, but I had to re-paint! (pics)

crashboombang
15 years ago

We're in a new house that we've been in for several months now, and the color of blue I picked for my boys' rooms has bugged me since I saw the painters first putting it up. At the time I just couldn't bear to put everything on hold and take the time to select another color. Every night when we were putting the boys to bed, I would look at it and think - ugh. I originally wanted a nice blue that wasn't too powder-y or baby-ish, but more faded-denim-y and could do some growing up with the boys. My choice was WAY off though. It was just TOO much somehow - it was screaming at me! I told hubby I wanted to re-paint it, and he thought I was nutty, but said if I wanted to do it (read: he wasn't getting involved - LOL) then whatever. So I did, and I'm much happier (I think the babes will sleep easier too!). Anyway, at the risk of seeming like a nut-job, I'm posting the before and after pics. First 2 before pics, then 2 afters. They just show a small section of one of the rooms, and I also painted the slanted ceiling in this room(but not the rest of the flat ceiling, which there isn't much of in the pics) to match the walls. Before color is SW Down Pour - pretty color just not bedroom-y, more playroom-y - and after is SW Bracing Blue at 75%. Let me know what you think, even if it's that I am indeed nutty. :-)

before pic#1

From Pot Rack

before pic#2

From Pot Rack

after pic #1

From Pot Rack

after pic #2

From Pot Rack

Comments (38)