SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northtexasdude

Shovel Guilt. And hello Mr. Lincoln....and a few pics

northtexasdude
12 years ago

Today I shoveled 2 unknown roses. Actually, since they were in containers I just turned them over. These were body bags that I think the rootstock had taken over. At any rate I felt terribly guilty for throwing these in the dumpster. I mean, they weren't the roses I wanted (single, white bloom with no fragrance), but there were living. So I got in my car and figured I needed to find a rose and lift my spirits. I went to a store that never has garden plants, but had a make-shift greenhouse in the parking lot. WELL lucky day! They had Mr. Lincoln with a bloom on it... no hoping that I got the rose I paid for this time! I little powdery mildew was not going to stop from buying this. So now even though I threw away two root stocks, I now have a new rose to be excited about. I drenched the plant in my home-brew that takes care of mildew/blackspot/aphids in my garden, threw a banana peal in it's pot, and here is to hoping all goes well.

I've been complaining a lot about my mislabeled roses... so here is something cheery... Julia Child and Easy Does It put out some beautiful blooms this week. Thanks for looking!

BTW - if anyone has a pic of a Mr. Lincoln, please post! I would love to see how an established bush looks!

{{gwi:254168}}

{{gwi:254169}}

Comments (8)