SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa902

Hello again! Another house plan

Lisa 902
6 years ago

Hi all, Back in May I posted a house plan we were considering for our lakeside lot and horrified you all with it. We took your suggestions under advisement and went and got help. The firm we hired (an architect/structural engineer partnership) came out and walked the lot, met with us several times, did all the things I had learned they should do. We just met with them all again and this is the latest version.

We like it but we aren't all that bright about this stuff so I'm wondering if there are still egregious mistakes. For example, the house will be all about the lake view so the back of the house is more important... but still, is it weird to have a WC at a front window? I thought it was odd, but my husband says I wouldn't find it odd at all if it were in the back of the house, and our front IS our back, for all practical purposes other than entry.

A couple of things: I like the laundry room near the kitchen. When I'm folding clothes or if I ever have to (gasp) iron, it'll be so nice to have a view! We also like the vaulted great room, I know many of you do not. We haven't done anything about kitchen design and I will go to the kitchen forum; I just want to have a plan first. There will also be a half bath in the walkout basement--basement windows and doors aren't drawn in. The octagonal porch will be screened.

So, here we go again. Have at it--and thank you!

lisa_gaylor's ideas · More Info

Comments (64)