SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

Lord help me...how did this obsession happen?

aggierose
16 years ago

Really, how did I get to this point? This all started with a drive through Tyler, Tx last year. I had some time to kill so I decided to stop at a rose nursery. The next thing I knew I had 9 rose bushes in the back seat of my car. But, my obsession had not yet started. I planted the bushes, put some fertilizer and insecticides on them and didn't really do anything else to them except enjoy the blooms they gave me. Then.....I found this forum. For the last 3 months or so I can't seem to do anything else other than read this board for more info on my roses! I am completely obsessed! I now check my roses about 10 times per day. I'm not sure what I think they are going to do between each visit I make, but I can't stop myself from going to look! I have now started what I guess others refer to as their "pot ghettos". I have 4 in pots in areas where they will look good. I am now off to NorthHaven Nursery (shame on all of you who informed me of this great place!) to buy more roses! I just must have tamora and tiffany! I also must have pjp, but I don't think Northhaven will have it. The problem is, the only sunny spot I have left to put more pots is right in the middle of our backyard! They will look ridiculous there, but I just don't care! I have to get them! How did this happen??? Does it ever get better or am I just doomed?

Comments (26)