SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hgiljr

Obsessed with Lawn

hgiljr
15 years ago

Hello all. So I admit, I am a bit obsessed with the lawn. I must say it was nice and green and beautiful until all the rain we have received in SFLA. You see living near the everglades our lands here are not the best. Some times when it heavy rain comes down, you can walk on the lawn in your back yard and be walking in puddles of water since drainage is not the best. So with this said, my lawn now has been over watered and I am getting wierd stuff happening:

1. Certain low level areas are begining to show dry/burnt spots. It looks as if the overwater has rotten the roots so the grass is drying up.

2. Some areas the lawn itself has round yellowing spots which at one time this forum told me was from over watering

3. Some areas the lawn is greener then others. In fact some areas the lawn is very green other areas it is a lime color.

As for fertilizer, I did my last round about 6-7 weeks ago. Anything out there that I can do to make my lawn nice and green again? At one point many neighbors would stop and tell me how nice the lawn was, not so nice now... Any help or info appreciated. Thanks

Hector

Comments (11)