SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notty1975

Problems with new turf

notty1975
10 years ago

Hi all did a previous post but now sorted the pics out
I am a total newbie to any type of gardening so please go easy.
I recently layed new turf (bout 4 weeks ago now) I prepped the ground getting rid of as many weeds as possible then added a couple of tonne of topsoil to level and some fertiliser
{{gwi:111943}}
Then layed the turf and it went down well
{{gwi:111944}}
Now I am having a few problems the turf itself as a whole is doing really well apart from a couple of weeds I need help with
{{gwi:111946}}
{{gwi:111948}}
And these are the close ups
{{gwi:111950}}
{{gwi:109799}}
Any help on what they are and the best way to get rid would really help as the first weed is also pushing the turf up
{{gwi:111951}}
Noticed a lump when I mowed so I cut the turf to release the weed (right/wrong ?)
Also have a couple of patches that seemed to have died although one is slowly growing back
{{gwi:111952}}
This patch was a lot bigger but is slowly growing back but the other patches are not
I watered it well at first and are now onto watering twice a week well and have kept it cut at 50mm cutting between 15mm and 20mm off per mow and mowing 3 times a week so think its growing well apart from these problems so what I need help with is
1 what weeds are they and how to get rid of them
2 how to make the patches grow again
I live in South Wales uk but can't tell you what turf it is (Compony on hol at the mo) all I know it was nursery grown
Sorry for the long post but tried to put as much info in ad possible
Thanks for looking and any advice you could offer would be great

Comments (7)