SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gamountains

Soil Tests. Now What? Fescue Lawn

gamountains
14 years ago

Trying to find information...and I've been everywhere or so it seems on the web...

The following conditions exist.

Ph level - low, overall average 5.0

Nitrogen - very low

Potassium - very high

Phospohrus - okay

Lawn mowed at 3 inches. Water intake 1 inch/week in areas that get more sun, less in areas that get less than 3 hours daily.

I'm in the northern part of Georgia. Lawn only gets about six hours direct sun and I'm constantly fighting bare spots after re-seeding. Yea you would think it's not the right time of the year, but semi shady areas are taking the re-seeding very well...not so well with areas that get more.

After finding the ph levels are quite low I've been adding lime. So far 160 lbs over a 2400 square foot area. According to information I see it says it should require another 160 +- lbs to get the Ph up to the 6 range, but the question is when? Wait a few weeks and re-apply...a month?

Lawn has done reasonably well after being planted last fall, but it's those bare spots and some browning. More questions to follow. Pics and more information on my blog. Pics included.

Thanks in advance.

http://cabininthemountains.blogspot.com/2009/07/picnic-nope-yard-soil-tests.html

Comments (5)