SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mnmamax3

Should I stick with this product or not? Silestone Counter Issues...

mnmamax3
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Finally chose Silestone Cemento Counters for our kitchen. Took weeks to get our drawings right due to a miscommunication between their measurer and Cad person. Finally got them delivered and the hole was off and there is some kind manufacturing defect or fabrication residue that will not come off. Last week and again today they have sent people with various cleaners to try and remove the streaks and spots (some of what you see in the pictures are actually just fingerprints and smudges, but the long streaky ones and several spots will not come off).

We love this color and were looking for something simple we would love still in 10 years but maybe with a different backsplash or paint color. We are replacing verde butterfly granite we felt stuck with. But Cemento shows every little fingerprint and greasy smudge. They will get new slabs and refabricate but I am sick to think it could have the same problem.

Should we give it another try with the same color?

Choose a different color for the island or all the counters?

Choose a different product altogether?

I have seen reviews that are not-so-good for Silestone but also for virtually all materials (people generally review when they have something to complain about). Anyone get Silestone recently that they are happy with? I'm worried about chipping, but I have read all the warranties and realize the virtually nothing is actually covered in these warranties... We had the piece they cut out from the sink and have done some testing just for our own piece of mind if we decide to keep this. I can report results tomorrow if anyone is interested. :)

Comments (54)