SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have you found any bargains or deals lately?

nicole___
22 days ago

Silver Plated Vintage Godinger 3-Tier Plate Stand $3 Hand painted plates $1.50ea

Taper candlestick holders $1.50ea

Large wood framed Botanical Print $20

Have YOU found any bargains or deals?

Comments (48)

• Jilly
    22 days ago
    last modified: 22 days ago

I always enjoy seeing your finds!

Those plates are fab. I like to buy decorative plates at yard sales and use them under potted plants.

I haven’t been doing much shopping lately, other than plants (for outside), so no deals to report.

nicole___ thanked Jilly
  • Lyban zone 4
    22 days ago

Nicole, i also enjoy seeing your finds.

i have not done any shopping for a while but i love seeing other peoples threads with their shopping.

nicole___ thanked Lyban zone 4
  • Related Discussions

Have you found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhhhmmmmm............

Q

Comments (36)
    Amazon prime days got a waterpik at 56 % off. Went to a garage sale down the road yesterday. Lady just wanted to get rid of her late hording husband's things. Got two new large fall wreaths with tags marked $50 each for $2 each, 33 pieces of slate for $5, and two new pkgs of Christmas boxes for free.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmmm.........?

Q

Comments (15)
    Just came back from Joanne's Fabrics. We purchased duck in charcoal grey and black to make seat covers for DH's truck. The fabric was on sale, the Coats & Clark thread was buy 3 get 2 free, then the woman in front of me gave me a $10 off coupon!It ALL came to $45!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tons of velcro in my sewing stash and several cans of Scotchguard. Beats $550 for Carhartt seat covers! The line to check out was CRAZY! They had 3 cashiers. She got on the mic and said," 17 in line can I get back up?"
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhmmm........

Q

Comments (22)
    Free Kirkland paper towel pack with a coupon Costco sent me. I only use them to clean up dog accidents these days so I don't use much. Giving a few to my daughter and I guess the rest will last a year or two. $4.99 huge roasted chicken (froze half of it), Kroger's would be $4 or $5 more. I found some nice towels there too, huge, soft ones for $7.99 each. I ended up putting them back because I didn't really like the color. Had some coupons for $6 and $8 off things like meat and garbage bags so I stocked up. I hope the bags are strong. I only like Glad brand. The kitchen bags I normally use were scarce a couple months ago, not sure why. I finally found some somewhere but willing to try another brand. We'll see.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmmmm.......?

Q

Comments (45)
    I just took advantage of this deal from No7 (Boots--a company in the UK). I've bought their skin creams before, including this one, so when I heard about this set of three face creams--day, night, and serum--I ordered it as a gift for my daughter. List price was $77.99, reduced to $58.49. The price using the BRADSYS code was $30 shipped. Good deal! You can find it here
    ...See More
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    22 days ago

I'm going to a "Spring Fling" April 20th. I'd like to find rabbit themed plates for $1.50. Wouldn't THAT be cute!!!!!!!!!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    22 days ago

My most recent thrifting haul was a bunch of jigsaw puzzles, some unopened, ranging from 100-500 pc, for a puzzle club with our after school kids - I think I spent around $14 for 6 or 7 of them.

And I found these inexpensive slip-ons for summer @ Walmart...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Time-and-Tru-Women-s-Surf-Moc-Fashion-Sneaker-Wide-Width-Available/1893347502

nicole___ thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • deegw
    22 days ago
    last modified: 21 days ago

I just purchased these surprisingly nice cordless blackout Roman shades at Wa-y-fair for $32. Everything else I ordered in that price range looked like a home ec project. They were very easy to install as well. The pic is from the listing, it's not my house.

Sun Zero Detour Modern Trellis 100% Blackout Cordless Roman Shade

nicole___ thanked deegw
  • eld6161
    22 days ago

I bought a few cheap tops $2 off from the original $12.

Nicole, funny, i was just thinking about tiered plate stands. i have a good friend that likes to come over for tea. Inusually serve something with it and thought of doing a high tea.

nicole___ thanked eld6161
  • Sueb20
    22 days ago

I am loving my new end table aka desk in our sitting room. (On the left under the windows.) Solid vintage oak. $75.

(The little stool under the front window was also a deal at $25 a couple of years ago.)

From the FB listing:

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • Kathsgrdn
    21 days ago

I was shopping in the produce section of Kroger the other day and was looking over the potatoes. I was trying to find the best bag when the grocery guy came up to me and told me he had some new bags he could get me. I said okay, and then he asked if I needed onions because the cart he was unloading had huge white and yellow onions on them. I sometimes choose them over bags because the ones in the bags are usually already rotting. I told him the last time I bought a bag of onions there they were half rotten already. He asked me which ones I wanted and I picked three huge onions out. He bagged them in netting and put a .99 label on them for me. I'm pretty sure they would normally cost me $5 or more for those three onions.

nicole___ thanked Kathsgrdn
  • chloebud
    21 days ago

We have a store here called The Open Box Outlet. They sell overstocked and/or returned items at low prices. DH and I occasionally stop to check things out. It can be very hit or miss. Yesterday I got a box of 28 Swiffer Duster Refills for $10, and a 3-pound container of OxiClean powder for $6.

nicole___ thanked chloebud
  • mnzinnia
    21 days ago

Yes. While in Florida for a couple of months my sister and I always check out a few thrift stores. Each year I have found a nice, but not costly,piece or two of original

art. This year a colorful watercolor. Last year a painting that is now over my bed. But the best was the "Minnie Mouse" toddler bed that turned up just in time for my 4 year old grandaughter's visit! ( Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to make the image smaller)

nicole___ thanked mnzinnia
  • Jupidupi
    21 days ago

This was yesterday's Too Good To Go package -- $6.

nicole___ thanked Jupidupi
  • matthias_lang
    21 days ago
    last modified: 18 days ago

Found an older black lacquer bento box painted with gold and red chrysanthemum leaves and flowers --$4. It has two stackable layers, but doesn't have dividers as the new plastic ones I see. I have already slipped recently purchased seed packets into it, though we might end up using it for something else.

Edit: Attempting to add photo lifted from ebay.

nicole___ thanked matthias_lang
  • chisue
    21 days ago

Question: How do cordless roman shades work? I presume they function sort of like an old fashioned window shade with a friction roller, but how do they 'stack' with all that fabric?

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • beesneeds
    21 days ago

Best one recently while out crawling ye ole antique mall. A ziplock baggie had a weird strand of beads and a pair of little blue enamel clip on earrings. For one dollar. Ok, the earrings were cute even if the beads turned out to be a dud. The beads were indeed a dud out of the bag. But the earrings turned out to be sterling silver artist ones worth around 40 bucks. I'm keeping them because they are cute and comfortable. But 40 dollar sterling earrings for a buck is a steal :)

nicole___ thanked beesneeds
  • lizbeth-gardener
    19 days ago

You did hit the jackpot, 1929SpanishGW. What a find! Now we need a picture of you modeling your new outfit.

nicole___ thanked lizbeth-gardener
  • lizbeth-gardener
    19 days ago

Sueb20, I love your desk/end table and it looks like a great fit for your room. Did it require refinishing?

nicole___ thanked lizbeth-gardener
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    19 days ago

I’m a little plump right now and the skirt isn't zipping, so it might be a minute.

nicole___ thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • Allison0704
    19 days ago
    last modified: 19 days ago

Chisue, cordless window shades still have cords.. This simply means you lift the shade with your hand to open, pull down to close. There is no cord that hangs down when the shade is open, and no cords to worry about children being injured or killed.

When we had our natural woven shades installed two years ago, the owner told me they were changing the law to no corded shades by 2024. But I see here it is in appeal.

ETA: After Google image searching the shade deegw purchased, they are on a roller (new to me) and work like this:

nicole___ thanked Allison0704
  • Sueb20
    19 days ago

Lizbeth, no, I just cleaned it up a bit with some furniture polish. It has a vintage look but is in very good shape!

nicole___ thanked Sueb20
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    19 days ago

Well, not the exactly right thread but a new item to me and I love them, is swedish dishcloths.

nicole___ thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • Allison0704
    19 days ago
    last modified: 19 days ago

The outfit is lovely, Spanish. Congrats on the long search finally ending, On to the next conquest!

I have never heard of Too Good to Go.

Those were great bargains, Nicole.

I've purchased several things this week, and while a few things were on sale, nothing would qualify for a bargain. I was told about a great place to shop donated items, and hope to check it out soon. If it passes the test, I will start donating there.

nicole___ thanked Allison0704
  • jb1586
    19 days ago

We used Too Good to Go a few times, when we were taking care of our son on Long Island. It isn’t available in many areas. For a small price, you can get unsold food, groceries, etc., at the end of a day. We got delicious pastries and wonderful bread from a Portugese bakery, a few times.

nicole___ thanked jb1586
  • deegw
    19 days ago

Target has the Dyson cordless V8 for $299 if you have one of their free rewards accounts. I purchased some things earlier this week and was able to apply multiple discounts to my cart so you might be able to reduce the price further.

nicole___ thanked deegw
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    19 days ago

I was just given a Dyson Cordless V6, the V8 stays charged longer....a better vacuum! You'll LOVE it deegw!

@1929Spanish-GW...AMAZING outfit! WOW! Styling gurl!

@jb1586...I have a go to bakery too. At the end of the day it's still pastries & fresh bread! Yum!

@Allison0704....I hope you like the store reccomendation. We have a boutique Goodwill. It used to serve coffee, danish, cookies...free....and have a book reading area with tables(before covid). I purchased a few high end pieces there.

@Bumblebeez SC Zone 7...They sound "hard to find". An online buy? Nice!

@beesneeds ....Nice!

@mathias_lang....I collect boxes...photo please? I have them ALL over the house....truth be told...

@deegw.....Love those shades! Great buy!

@Jupidupi...Yum!

@mnzinnia.....So cute! The water color is a great find!

eld, chloe, kath, Sue, Carol....You ALL got some great bargains! LOVE hearing and seeing what everyones finding out there.

• chisue
    17 days ago

Allison -- Belated thanks for the shade information.

I need to replace four roman shades in our BR. Most recent cord snap is the last straw. Ah, but where to go for this *expensive* improvement? The last time I looked, I think the estimate for same inside mounted fabric shades with blackout was $4K. But it must be done!

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    16 days ago
    last modified: 16 days ago

@chisue....I purchased a custom fabric Roman Shade from JCP in 2016, for $47. It was 62" X 72" Even if the price has quadrupled since then...4 of them won't be $4k. Link to JCP or I ordered THIS in Sand I have a 35% off coupon if you need it?

• chisue
    16 days ago

Thanks Nicole. You always come to my rescue!

I doubt I can do ready made. All four inside mounts are 70" long. Two shades are 20" wide, flanking a bay window with a shade 74" wide. The fourth window shade is 86" wide. I also need to replace/reupholster the matching padded King headboard. Now you see how the cost went up -- custom work. However, the biggie was always the fabric itself.

I think ganging three shades for the wider windows would leak light, and I don't want to cover nice 4" window mouldings with outside mounts.

I could scrap the idea of roman shades for these windows, but I like the cleaner look and the superior dust control over drapes.

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    16 days ago

@chisue....Click to see the custom ones please I agree. Only one shade per window. The 62" wide one I had them make looks great. It's now 8 years old. Another link

If you want a fancier fabric, they only have plain, then big money would solve that. :0)

• chisue
    15 days ago

Thanks, Nicole. I did look again. Unfortunately, I think I need a patterned fabric. Light colors in these sizes could resemble blank movie screens, even with the folds. No mass producer is going to make money offering too many special choices. I'm pretty surprised that Penney does offer this many!

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • palimpsest
    13 days ago

These things are always difficult for me, because I don't want to buy anything that I would not pay full price for. There is lots of things that I never buy because I can't afford them at full price, that's not what I mean, but I don't want to buy anything just because it is inexpensive. Of course one makes adjustments and allowances so it may be a little difficult to understand my exact process here. But things don't become more attractive to me at a lower price.

nicole___ thanked palimpsest
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    13 days ago

I’m the opposite in that I like things that are typically outside my budget new. Not being into fakes, I hunt for used things that are within my budget.

Or I’m buying for resale with a target customer who thinks like me.

• njmomma
    13 days ago

@1929Spanish-GW that outfit is to die for! Can’t wait to see you in it.

nicole___ thanked njmomma
  • palimpsest
    13 days ago

@1929Spanish -GW

I am not really being clear with what I mean, I guess.

Most durable things (like furniture) I like are outside my budget new, and I will only buy them if I can find them at a fraction of the price, which often takes a lot of work, means that they need to be redone and literally years may be added to the process. But whatever it is, I would have to be willing to pay full price for it, if I had the money, my attraction to it does not increase because it's cheaper. And I agree, I am not into fakes. If I can't afford the real thing, I would rather have a real version of something else.

nicole___ thanked palimpsest
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    13 days ago

@palimpsest that makes sense. Now I’m following your train of thought!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    12 days ago
    last modified: 11 days ago

For the third time, I have bought a rug on Etsy from an source in India that is a dupe of a pricier version (Anthro, Serena and Lily, and now Nordic Knots). Once again, very happy.

Here is the original, which I needed in a custom size, I was quoted $1250 plus shipping, and 10-15 weeks lead time. Here is the descriptor and pic.

• Hand loomed cut pile design. 12 mm thickness.
    • New Zealand wool, for softness and durability.
    • Designed in Stockholm, handmade in Bhadohi, India.

Instead, I used an Etsy vendor. $279 total and eight weeks later.

Tufted Rug 100% NewZealand Woolen Area Rug With Medium Thick Pile And Cotton Backing

The seller kept calling it "yellow" and I was very worried about the color. It is a yellowy camel, just like the NordicKnots one.

As far as quality, the original is hand loomed, this is tufted. I do not know much about these differences, but did read this:

High quality hand-knotted rugs are still in use after 100 years. A typical hand-tufted rug will last 5 to 7 years, and top quality custom-made, hand tufted rugs will last 30 years or more. A typical hand-loomed rug will last 2 to 5 years.

nicole___ thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    12 days ago

mtn....OMG! Gorgeous rug! Great buy! THAT was a steal!

• chisue
    12 days ago

Big difference between hand knotted and tufted. And a ton of variables beyond that.

I wasn't willing to pay the cost of wool carpeting -- and don't like carpeting anyway -- but was willing to pay for medium grade, modern hand knotted area rugs.

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    11 days ago

Apologies for the swerve, but mtn's post reminded of a really interesting YouTube video I watched recently, about carpet makers in India, supplying handmade rugs to stores like Pottery Barn, etc. Perhaps some here might find it as interesting as I did...

nicole___ thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    11 days ago

Big difference between hand knotted and tufted. And a ton of variables beyond that.

Yes, of course, which is why I mentioned quality differences. But, as you see, the choice was between hand loomed, and tufted. The $1250 one was not knotted either.

Have to look at the video. When we travelled to India, we visited a place where they dyed cloth in big clay vats. The merchant we met with kept showing us things and then rattling off high end brand names, Things like "Osborne & Little," which is kind of insider-y. I don't doubt it though...

nicole___ thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • salonva
    4 days ago

I have one-- I posted it in the what to wear thread but it belongs here as well.

I read the Travel Fashion Girls FB page, and so many people were raving about the Kirkland Signature Ankle Pants being a duplicate for Athleta Brooklyn pants.

The Costco version is $14.99. Someone did an in depth analysis and there was some difference, but really quite slight. I had previously ied the Brooklyn pants and liked them, but just wasnt sure, and at $89.99 I passed.

I raced to Costco 2 days ago and bought the Kirkland pants in 2 sizes ( they are S- M- L XL not number sizes) ... They both fit nicely but I think the smaller size actually fits better so it's a keeper.

They are especially great for travel. They are definitely above ankle but not much. ( I'm 5'4" give or take).

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • Kswl
    4 days ago
    last modified: 4 days ago

I found two cute J McLaughlin dresses on Poshmark in the Catalina cloth (nylon and spandex) I love so much. Both have horizontal stripes and fit perfectly! This is the more casual blue and white

The taupe and black one is in the wash and is more fitted and detailed but fits the same way. Jewel neckline, just above the knee, three quarter sleeves… the golden trifecta! Together just under $100, and both in perfect condition. And did you notice I have blue and white striped flats to go with this one?? Yippeee!

nicole___ thanked Kswl
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 days ago

@Kswi....The shoes! OMG....super cute combo!

• Kswl
    4 days ago

Thank you! I am reslly impressed with the shopping prowess demonstrated on this thread, Nicole. Collectively we have saved THOUSANDS!

nicole___ thanked Kswl
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 days ago

Yep....Agreed! There are some designer names and high end bargains being acquired here!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    3 days ago
    last modified: 3 days ago

I bought this Nanette Laporte dress from thred up, My first purchase there. New with tags, and I have the same dress in a different pattern color and I love it. I've had it for several years so I'm thrilled with this one.

nicole___ thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • salonva
    3 days ago

That striped dress really suits you and just looks adorable on you K! And then to have those shoes......omgoodness. That is too much. As we say- meant to be.

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • Kswl
    3 days ago
    last modified: 3 days ago

Oh Bumble that is a gorgeous dress, the colors are so striking!

Yes, Salonvan a, when Irealized I had matching shoes it was like a sign from the almighty Herself.