Have you found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhhhmmmmm............

nicole___

My FREE off CL iris are just now blooming. A Chenedolle. 1872

Goodwill find. A home made cherry clock. $12.50

Authentic Coach purse. $25

----------------------------------------------------------------

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

SaveComment36Like4
Comments (36)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caflowerluver

Wow, you found some great deals. Love the clock and iris. The coach purse looks in great condition. I have not found any good deals lately. Don't do as much thrift store shopping since DH retired and is home 24/7.

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
Fun2BHere

I'm not much of a shopper so I haven't found any deals lately, but it's fun to see what others have found.

glenda_al

Food deal for me :o)

Captain D's is offering a buy one get one free.

There is only one that I will bother to go to, as the manager is on top of everything.

When I go, I just get two batter fried fish filet's, nothing else. I don't eat their fries or cole slaw. and give to friend whenever she goes with me.

So my deal, is the buy one fish filet and get another free.

Did buy 6 get 6 free hush puppies and took to my friend, cause she loves them with butter milk.

satine_gw

I found a Rothschild wool coat for my granddaughter. It is pink and even has a hat to match. I paid 6.99 at goodwill and the coat still had the store tags (original price was something like 169.00)

9 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
marilyn_c

I bought an Oxo pancake turner at Goodwill for 59 cents. New it sells for about $12 and it looks like new. And 2 spaghetti strap tops on clearance at Walmart for $2 each. Also 3 little long finned koi for just over $6.

Your iris is very pretty! I especially like the older varieties. Love your clock....good deal on the purse!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
laceyvail 6A, WV

Nothing new, but some years back got the best buy ever--100% cashmere coat (black) for a quarter. Had to replace the buttons, but that was all. In perfect condition but the buttons were ugly.

salonva

Well look at that- a search worked for me. I came here to share that I saw Talbots is having a 40% off sale online and in stores. I rarely go there but I know many have mentioned it lately and 40 % off sounds like a good deal. Hope some of you can use it!

phyllis__mn

My coffee maker was a bit slow so planned on purchasing a new one. Stopped at a yard sale yesterday and got one for $1.00. Owner said it works, but she is downsizing a LOT and it had to go. Well, for that price, one can take a chance!!

Save     Thanked by nicole___
DawnInCal

A friend and I are co-hosting an old fashioned tea party for a group of former co-workers in September. Neither of us owns any china so we have been checking out the thrift stores for china teacups, saucers, serving dishes and teapots.

I found this white teapot for $3.00

This floral one was $10. Probably paid too much for it, but I thought it was pretty and I'm learning that it's hard to find large teapots, so I grabbed it.

We also needed three identical prizes for a game we will be playing. I was going to buy some soaps or candles, but then I saw these ring holders for .50 each and thought they fit well with the floral china theme.

The cups/saucers in the background were anywhere from .50 to $1.50 each. Some were sold as sets and others we had to mix and match.

I don't have photos of the serving dishes, but we picked up several in the .50 to $3.00 range.

At the end of the party, each guest will have the option to keep their place setting or they can deposit it in a donation bag we will have available. Anything that goes in the bag will be donated back to the thrift store.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Great buys! Love seeing pics! $1 for a coffee maker is almost free! The floral china is very classy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased this yesterday @ Habitat Restore. It's wood w/ a metal base. $10

2 Likes Save    
marilyn_c

Love that lamp!! We had a Habitat Restore here but they closed it. I found a several nice things there.

OutsidePlaying

Great lamp! I would love to find one like that.

nicole___

I actually went to Habitat Restore for keyed exterior locks, 4 of them. I may have a rental move out. It's a one time $75 for 4 locks keyed alike or $150 each time a renter moves out to have a locksmith come to the house & change the keying.

Just picked a ton & a half of "rocks" FREE off a job site they were going to haul off. Would have cost $150 a ton....$225 savings!

Save    
DawnInCal

That's a great lamp, nicole!

mare_wbpa

Nicole, what are you planning to do with the rocks?

nicole___

mare....we're building steps next to the house. Rocks will keep the hill from washing away. It rains or snows almost every day here. Working on it now....

And.....my DH thinks I should get a 2nd lamp, two matching floor lamps, one on either side of the couch. What do YOU think? (they're out of The Broadmoor Hotel remodel)

1 Like Save    
sleeperblues

Yes, l love the lamp!

mare_wbpa

Then that was a great find for you. Good luck with your project. Looks labor intensive.

arkansas girl

At the flea market, I got two corningware casserole dishes with the lids for one dollar for both! The guy was just trying to get rid of stuff so he didn't have to pack it up. I was looking at them and he said "you can have them both for a dollar!" I said "SOLD!" HAHA!

5 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Solar path lights, Dollar Tree $1ea. They may not last as long as the $50 ones, but.....I think they're a deal!

2 Likes Save    
kadefol

Nicole, I love the lamp and it's from a Broadmoor remodel?! Lucky you! We used to go look at their lights at Christmas time every year, they (and really the entire Broadmoor area) had the most beautiful displays. Especially their winter lights toward 7 Falls.

nicole___

kadefol....I hear the hotel is doing a HUGE remodel. They are taking up the floor coverings to reveal walnut herringbone wood floors, previously covered in carpet. I would LOVE to see that. I'm a herringbone flooring nut...!

2 Likes Save    
kadefol

Nicole, the floors sound gorgeous, are you going to go look after the remodel? If you do, please post pics!! In the meantime, fingers crossed you'll find some more Broadmoor bargains!

nicole___

I just stocked these pavers....for my next herringbone patio! Another deal: Lowes 4/$1 Qty: 1734.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kadefol.....The Broadmoor donated a TON of furniture to Habitat/Restore. It's selling out pretty fast. I really don't "need" anything else. :0) I do LOVE the Broadmoor's pond and little shops. It's a beautiful area!

2 Likes Save    
salonva

I just saw this in my email and thought it's worth sharing. Joss and Main has a big sale on selected Hinkley lighting--- still not cheap but they say some at 80% off. They are lovely.Hinkley sale link at Joss and Main

Lucille

I got an old Iowa Linear recumbent bicycle for $80 that I am cleaning and restoring. Refurbished Iowas can sell for $800, new Linears cost $2,400+. Depending on how much fun it is to ride I will either keep it or sell it when I am finished.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
salonva

Probably not the thread I to post this- but Sherwin Williams is having a 40 % off sale through July 22. Hope someone can use that!

lisa_fla

I got a 72” cat tree for $15 with free shipping from chewy.com. Kitty loves it! It’s not staying in that spot lol

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
DawnInCal

Darn it, salonva! I'm just finishing up painting two bedrooms, a loft and a bathroom. This weekend, I will be painting the hallway. I could have used that deal when I bought the paint two months ago!

kayjones

Would you post a link to the cat tree on Chewy.com - I couldn't find it. Thanks!

nicole___

I LOVE the cat tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday's purchase. The red hot poker was $8.99 for one pot, then divided into 3 clumps(root bound). Monrovia.

1 Like Save    
lisa_fla

It was the 72” Frisco cat tree on Chewy. The brown was was half price ( now it’s the same price as the other colors). Then by adding a pkg of cat treats ($1.50) with subscribe & save ( I chose every 6 months) I got an automatic $20 off my order.

mare_wbpa

Nicole, nice job with the free rocks. You must have loads of energy. Way to go.

nicole___

The completed project. My free rocks & 4/$1 patio paver bricks. $1 solar path lights.

Save    
Ava

Nicole, WOW!

functionthenlook

Amazon prime days got a waterpik at 56 % off. Went to a garage sale down the road yesterday. Lady just wanted to get rid of her late hording husband's things. Got two new large fall wreaths with tags marked $50 each for $2 each, 33 pieces of slate for $5, and two new pkgs of Christmas boxes for free.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 10 Tips for Scoring Deals at Estate Sales
An admitted estate sale junkie shares her secrets for finding treasures at bargain prices
Full Story
Pets Dealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: How to Deal With Noisy Neighbors
Before you fly off the handle, stop and think about the situation, and follow these steps to live in harmony
Full Story