SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gihanjaneshi_amarasinghe

Kitchenaid downdraft electric range- model KSEG950ESS

Tanya Amarasinghe
last month
last modified: last month

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a KitchenAid downdraft range (KSEG950ESS). I had no issues using the stovetop, but when I tried to use the oven today and set it to preheat, my trip switch kept going off every time I turned it on.

Thinking it might be an electrical wiring issue, we called an electrician. However, upon inspection, the electrician found nothing wrong with the wiring he had installed during our recent kitchen remodeling. Upon unscrewing the back paneling of the oven, he discovered that one of the orange wires was detached, and there was a black burn hole near the wiring (please see pictures). After reconnecting the orange wire, the oven started working again. However, when we tried to use it later, during preheat, the broil element produced heat, and the trip switch went off again when switching to bake.

Could someone please help us understand what is happening here? Particularly, can someone explain the burn hole area near the wires, as it appears that something is stuck in it? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments (9)