SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

One Funeral, Three Dresses

Kswl
8 months ago

Seeking fashion advice: Beloved uncle of DH passed away. Logistics complicated by out of town and out of country children and his spouse with Alzheimer’s still at home. All events in next two weeks, so weather hot and humid.

1. Evening visitation with assembled children at funeral home. (Georgia)

2. Morning church service for funeral, followed by wake at nearby club, assume to be less disorienting to spouse than having many people in her home at one time (Georgia)

3. Graveside service at family church / old home place (Alabama)

My go to black funeral dress is just too hot for any of these occasions. I definitely need to get something new, maybe more than one something?

Question: for visitation not a viewing, basically a meet and greet but at funeral home. I have a RL black and white small houndstooth sheath that I wear with a white or black blouse underneath, black tights and flats. Ok with air conditioning…. would that be ok for the visitation?

Question: ok to wear same dress to funeral and later to interment?

i have searched Nordstrom, Nordy Rack, Saks Off Fifth, GH, Tnuck, EF, EF renew, McLaughlin, Etc. Two possibilities

I don’t love the sleeves but do like the shape of the dress. Talbots

Looks a lot like the dress/ jumper I would wear to the visitation. Could wear this with no stockings to graveside service.

Both dresses are from Talbots, both under $200. Neither or both? One and wear to all three? Is black one too jaunty? Many of same people at all observances.

Comments (63)