SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
francesca_colasanto

Sink and range on same wall - kitchen remodel layout help!!

Francesca Colasanto
10 months ago

Hi! Still planning major kitchen remodel… we’ve been wanting to live with our current kitchen for longer to really know what works and what doesn’t. Right now we have a major issue with our island / fridge set up because you can hardly open the fridge if anyone is sitting at the farthest seat on the island. We are unwilling to lose our kitchen table despite having a dining table not too far off the kitchen.

So here’s where I’m at: I think the only way it will really “work” without blowing out any walls is to put the sink and range on the same wall (where the sink is now), and move the fridge to the back wall (where the range is now). What do you think of my rough sketch for the sink/range wall?

For reference: the width of the kitchen is 14 feet so right now we have 2 feet deep cabinets (sink wall), 42” space, 3 feet deep island, 42” space, 2 feet deep cabinets/fridge wall. I’m proposing to keep the island the same depth but maybe reduce the depth of the cabinets on the current fridge wall to gain more space around island.

The length of the kitchen (all the way from the French door past the kitchen table) is 18.5 feet. I’m also proposing to add a small banquette and smaller table to replace the current kitchen eating situation (I would have about 5.5-6 feet on that wall for it).

FYI: we already plan to replace the windows on that whole wall so current window placement is irrelevant.

Comments (8)