SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Have decided to retire nearly two years sooner

Kathsgrdn
last year

than I had secondly planned on. My first plan was 65, then 62 and now, a month or so from now. Maybe sooner. Just waiting to hear back from the retirement office on the difference between now and if I wait until I'm 62. I'm pretty sure I know, but want the official numbers. Not sure it will change my mind, probably won't.

I'm just tired of all the extra training on our off time, doing CPR training every 3 months and realizing it is all not worth working at a job I don't want to do anymore. Having pain issues with my shoulder/arm also doesn't help. It's hard to sit for hours at a desk and the pain then radiates to my upper back and neck. I'm seeing a Orthopaedic doctor for the pain but the Cortisone shot I got last week hasn't worked, yet.

Then there is quality of life and doing what you want to do and not holding out for more money until the day you retire and find out you have no time left. I've worked with several people who worked way past when they could retire, to only die right after retirement, within a year or two. Now, have a friend who retired later in life, only to be diagnosed with terminal cancer. Makes you think.

Comments (47)