SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherry_pepper

Contractor MIA, tools left.

Frank Marsh
last year

I'm in the late stages (about 80% complete) of a basement finishing project. I don't have any dispute with the completed work, although it did seem to take longer than I expected (9 months to et to this point). At the end of August people stopped showing up for work and the general contractor has been mostly unreachable through text and email despite saying once he had not abandoned the project. I have no idea what happened, all I can imagine is a family or medical emergency, as there weren't any conflicts during the project.

There is apile of tools that have been left on the work site by the GC and/or his subs. Some of them are commodity tools like hammers, trowels and brooms, but there is what I imagine is a fairly expensive tile saw, and some items of intermediate value. I have asked him to come get these, but haven't gotten a response.

I'm thinking I'll make one more contact attempt via certified mail so that I have documentation of my contact attempt(s). But, how long do I need to keep these tools? I don't really have the space for all of them, and the tile saw is pretty heavy to move around and not something I have a need for.

Comments (5)