SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly

Bookmark exchange for 2022?

Rosefolly
last year
last modified: last year

Is there interest? By now I suspect that most of us have a lifetime supply of interesting bookmarks. Still I for one enjoy the exchange, and enjoy seeing what others send. I managed to find some bookmarks on my summer vacation, so I'm up for it if others are. Please let me know.

I would suggest a limit of twelve (which is as many bookmarks as I have), but that has not been a problem in recent years.

Comments (79)

• sheri_z6
    last year

Mine went into the mail today :)

Rosefolly thanked sheri_z6
  • rouan
    last year

I recieved the one from Rosefolly today, mine should be out in the mail by Saturday.

Rosefolly thanked rouan
  • Related Discussions

Follow up on the 2014 bookmark exchange

Q

Comments (29)
    Funnily enough, I too, have an idea for next year's bookmark exchange. It's all thanks to the sister I visited at Christmas. She's very crafty and decided to make some bookmarks while I was there. If I don't forget...I am going to utilize one of the designs she made (and gave to me) for the next exchange. Sheriz6, I like your idea for storing bookmarks and am going to look for something similar in which to store mine. Right now, they are in various locations around the house. I want to gather them all together so I can select just the right one for whichever book(s) I happen to be reading at the moment.
    ...See More

2015 Bookmark exchange

Q

Comments (23)
    I haven't been here in a while and boy, has it changed! I love that we can add pictures now (PUPPY!) and everything is so easy to edit! Please sign me up for the bookmark exchange this year--my info is the same. Glad you're using the SPARK bookmark, donnamira! It's from my library's Summer Reading Club.
    ...See More

Follow up on the bookmark exchange

Q

Comments (54)
    I mailed mine out yesterday. I finally got the ones I ordered and hurried home on my lunch break to get them mailed. I have to confess...there are two bookmarks in each card...except one. Even though I thought I had checked each envelope twice somehow I ended up with one leftover bookmark. So my apologies to whomever gets the card with only one bookmark in it!
    ...See More

Last Call for the 2016 Bookmark Exchange!

Q

Comments (0)
    For those new to the board, every year a group of us exchange bookmarks. It doesn't have to be fancy, just a bookmark. We've exchanged lots of fun ones over the years including handmade, NASA missions, Peanuts, and ones reflecting where we are or where we've been. So, please let me know if you're interested and I'll let you know how to get on the list.
    ...See More
  • donnamira
    last year

I received Rosefolly's card/bookmark yesterday too - not only my first bookmark, but also my first Christmas card of the season. :)

Rosefolly thanked donnamira
  • yoyobon_gw
    last year

Thank you for the lovely bookmarks !

I hate to single any out but......oh my gosh, the pheasant feather blew me away !!

Merry Christmas to all and stay healthy :0)

Yvonne

Rosefolly thanked yoyobon_gw
  • Rosefolly
    Original Author
    last year

I have to agree with Yoyobon. The feather bookmark was the most remarkable one I've seen, possibly ever, though there have been many unique and clever bookmarks over the years. In fact I think I'm going to dig out my bookmark collection and gloat over them all. Tom and I are planning our annual viewing of Love Actually this afternoon, which is a good time for it.

Also, we don't get nearly as many Christmas cards as we did in years past, so I especially treasure these.

Merry Christmas to all!

Rosefolly

• yoyobon_gw
    last year

I have found that no one sends cards any more. It seems the e-card or e-mail is a substitute.

Remember the years when we'd get so many cards I'd have a basket of them in the living room that our kids loved looking through every Christmas.

So it was special to get actual cards again :0)

This year I found the perfect card to send out to my family and friends.......

( a nod to my 'visitor' )

• Carolyn Newlen
    last year

Good one, Yoyo. I liked the one I got today about Vermont books.

Rosefolly thanked Carolyn Newlen
  • merryworld
    last year

I'm so sorry mine are going out so late! The bookmarks I ordered haven't come, so had to substitute. That's a lovely card, Yoyobon. We also haven't received many cards this year, but I haven't sent many out either.

Rosefolly thanked merryworld
  • annpanagain
    last year

I have had two cards so far from local politicians! My family don't exchange them so I just usually get one from a neighbour and a couple of ecards which I return.

I still have charity cards in a box I bought three years ago!

I buy a new table decoration every year. Often something that catches my eye in a charity shop and this year I saw a lovely Art Deco style lead crystal candle holder. I have a gold candle that is a perfect fit.

I am staying at home and the family plan to drop in with food and gifts over the long holiday weekend.

Rosefolly thanked annpanagain
  • christine_a
    last year

I’m so happy to hear that you liked the feather bookmarks. I’m always on the lookout for beautiful and unique bookmarks so when i saw these i knew that they would be appreciated!

Rosefolly thanked christine_a
  • annpanagain
    last year

May we see the feather bookmarks here, please? Or any others that can be posted to this thread.

• yoyobon_gw
    last year

• annpanagain
    last year

Very unusual and pretty.

• yoyobon_gw
    last year

Stay safe as this monster storm barrels across the US just in time for Christmas.

• donnamira
    last year

Let's see if I can attach a photo of my bookmarks, including the feather one, which really is quite spectacular (I got a peacock one, oo!)

thank you everyone!

Rosefolly thanked donnamira
  • Rosefolly
    Original Author
    last year

Another spectacular one is the one with all of our RP pictures on it. You will find it next to the feather bookmark. It brought a smile to my face, so clever!

• Carolyn Newlen
    last year

I agree, Rosefolly. Very clever.

Rosefolly thanked Carolyn Newlen
  • merryworld
    last year

Rosefolly I love that one, too. As usual, all of the bookmarks were interesting and wonderful, along with all the cards.

Rosefolly thanked merryworld
  • sheri_z6
    last year

The bookmarks were all wonderful! Thank you all, I treasure this annual tradition.

• yoyobon_gw
    last year

Perfect cover for the pheasant feather bookmark !!

Do you see it ?

• annpanagain
    last year

I am struggling to start this book. Too much going on at present!

• christine_a
    3 months ago

Does any have the list of addresses from last years bookmark exchange? I would like to drop a small surprise into the mail for those that participated…

• donnamira
    3 months ago

Christine - looks like I have the 2021 list, but not the 2022 list. It may have been the same, but I'm not sure. You're welcome to it, if it would serve your purpose.

• merryworld
    3 months ago

Christine, I think I do. Let me see if I can forward it to you

• merryworld
    3 months ago

I have it but I can't seem to send it to you through Houzz. I don't know if you can send me a message and I could reply?

• christine_a
    3 months ago

Merryworld, I just sent you a message. Thank you again for helping!

• annpanagain
    3 months ago

I think it is so lovely that this is still going. I am pleased to see some of the bookmarks pictured.

Because of the expensive overseas postage a number of people I know are not sending cards. My sister says that her village in Scotland will be donating to help to pay for village amenities instead.

I have been sending e-cards for years to overseas friends. There are some beautiful ones available with animation and music.

I won't mention the creators name in case I am pulled up for advertising!

• Rosefolly
    Original Author
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Annpan, we did not actually exchange this year. I have been busy and did not think of it until too late. Of course, if someone else had organized it I certainly would have joined in.

Perhaps next year! I do agree, it is lots of fun.

But by now I have a lifetime supply of bookmarks. I think I need to get a nice basket, just as Yoyobon says she used to do with her Chritmas cards!

• annpanagain
    3 months ago

I have lots of bookmarks too but never can find one at the time it is needed and make do with whatever is to hand. This can be a till receipt or a flyer from the mail box!

I should find a box to put them in tidily.

• yoyobon_gw
    3 months ago

I keep all mine in a small Lane's cedar box ( we discussed those in another thread....all high school senior girls used to get one free from their local Lane's cedar chest dealers )

• rouan
    3 months ago

I received a very pleasant surprise in the mail today. Thank you skibby! 🥰

• Carolyn Newlen
    2 months ago

Me, too, Skibby!

• donnamira
    2 months ago

And a third thank you to Skibby! I love the one with all the fog information.

• rouan
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I received my surprise from Christine today. Thank you; I love it!

• yoyobon_gw
    2 months ago

Christine ! ...Thank you so much for this beautiful bookmark. It is precisely my cup of tea !

Your thoughtfulness is really appreciated. Such a nice gesture.

Yvonne

• Carolyn Newlen
    2 months ago

Christine, what an unexpected and lovely bookmark. Thank you so much.

• 3almeidaboys
    2 months ago

As always, you are all welcome. We are in process of moving to Florida and with everything going on, I wanted to make certain that I didn't misplace these bookmarks. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying them. Happy reading!

• Rosefolly
    Original Author
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

What a wonderful bookmark - thank you, Christine!

We were in Missouri visiting family over the holiday, so I missed all the excitement (I'm reading it now). It was a pleasure to come home to such a thoughtful surprise.

Wishing you an uneventful move to Florida, and a happy new home there.

• sheri_z6
    2 months ago

Christine and Skibby, thank you so much! What a wonderful surprise :)

• Rosefolly
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Skibby, I just received yours yesterday. Thank you! I did not realize that you were also sending bookmarks. What a pleasant surprise.

• yoyobon_gw
    2 months ago

Christine, did you say you just moved ?

• rouan
    2 months ago

Yoyobon, Thank you! such a pleasant surprise in the mail today. 😊

• Rosefolly
    Original Author
    last month

Yoyobon, thank you so much! I feel so - rich!

It has now become clear to me that people are deeply attached to the bookmark exchange, much more so than I had realized. I will keep this in mind when next fall rolls around and make sure I do not let this slip past me. Meanwhile I will be on the lookout for more bookmarks when I go on vacation this year.

• yoyobon_gw
    last month

The dilemma is that the US postage rate just went up to $.65 a stamp as of this month.

Unbelievable. I've had the experience of recently mailing out 12 postcards to friends and having half of them simply never arrive.

• Rosefolly
    Original Author
    last month

One silver lining is that any exisiting stamps you may have are Forever stamps, that is, you do not need to add extra postage to use them. At least we are spared that annoyance.

• yoyobon_gw
    last month

Spared annoyance : 1

Unspared annoyances in life: 1, 000,000,000

LOL !! Good point Rosefolly :0)

• Carolyn Newlen
    last month

Well, as of today I have $1,000,000 of non-annoyance. Thanks, Yoyobon.

• christine_a
    last month

Yoyobon,

Apologies for the delayed response! We are building a home in Florida and we should be moving into it in the next month. We have moved from our former home into a camper until the house is completed. We We’re excited for this to be over!

• yoyobon_gw
    last month

Christine, good luck with your move. Where are you in Florida ?

Hope your mail gets forwarded ......since that is the address I used :0) !!

• donnamira
    last month

Bon & Christine - the bookmarks arrived at my place last week, thank you both so very much.

Christine, I saw the postmark on your envelope was Dec 19 - it arrived here Jan 19! I can't believe it spent a month in transit. But your delightful bookmark was worth all the time it spent travelling here.

Bon, I set both bookmarks/cards to display on my dining table for a few days, until I couldn't stand my husband stopping short and asking (yet again) what that bill was doing there. LOL It gave us both a chuckle.