SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peggy_menning56

shower/ air tub vs. soaking tub for seniors condo unit

Peggy Menning
last year
last modified: last year

We are in process of updating a 55+ condo unit ( must be over 55) and I really would like to install a long shower/ tub stall along a 10' wall with a window Currently there is a whirpool tub w /built in surround. While i do enjoy the jet tub occaisonaly, I dread the cleanup after (something about those jets does gross me out thinking of the buildup inside the jets), however I really want a place to soak and unwind.

Because this is an older community, would a soaker tub not be as welcome in case of resale value ? Also, would an "air tub" like the Empava free standing be easier to clean/maintain since it uses bubbles and not propelling water ? Does anyone have this tub and regret their decision and find them just too small to enjoy ?

I am posting a pic of actual space with an idea of what I am going for I understand the window will need to be waterproofed , whatever that entails (hopefully not an issue with condo association)

I plan to use large format honed marble floors and basic white large format tiles on walls for a minimalist and classic look. Any advice or information to prevent bad decision making before starting I would appreciate !

Comments (14)