SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sydney_spragueallison

Need help choosing from builder's countertop options

SJ Allison
last year
last modified: last year

We just bought a new-construction home in South Carolina, and the builder’s design options are very limited. (We MUST choose from their options.) I want a timeless kitchen with a coastal feel. I’m planning on white shaker cabinets and light to medium oak flooring but am having a hard time choosing my countertops (a straight perimeter and a good-sized island). I plan to bring in some texture with jute rugs, rattan bar chairs and/or light fixtures, etc. My accent colors will either be coastal blues or aquas/teals. I am drawn to the cool gray countertops, but I don’t know if they will work with the blond floors and woven textures? (I don’t know exactly what color the white cabinets are; they look bright white.)

These are the only countertops I like from the available options:

Cambria: Ironsbridge, Brittanicca, Ella

LX Hausys Viatera: Encore, Quartet, Cotton White, Sugar White

Btw, the paint options are limited too, so opinions would be appreciated! (I’d prefer not to have to paint after closing.) Sherwin Williams Extra White (SW7006) is the standard color for trim and walls. "Upgraded" wall options (with SW7006 trim) are Alabaster (SW7008), Reserved White (SW7056), White Duck (SW7010), and Aged White (SW9180).

Planning on white tile backsplash—whichever one looks good with the countertops and cabinets. (There aren’t many options.)

I’m sure the builder’s design consultant will have good advice, but I’d like to hear from the Houzz experts too. I have found this site to be immensely helpful! Thanks in advance!

Cotton White is just plain white.

Brittannica:

Comments (42)