SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_white9848

please help with designing ideas with siding and diff directions

amanda_white9848
13 days ago

HELP!! We bought a split level back in Dec. we are currently remodeling EVERYTHING. They started digging for the addition today. I have to have siding color, soffit facia colors and which direction board and batten will go on each part of the house. Originally I wanted to do shakers above the eve of the side of the house where the two car garage is currently but the only way to do a master bedroom and bathroom addition is to add on to the back side of the house. So a reverse gable up against the eave. I wanted to do board and batten, with shakers above the windows, but with that reverse cable, I’m thinking that’s not gonna look right, so my question is, should I just do board and batten the same direction with a piece of trim above the windows to break up the longboard, also the board and batten will be going down to the center block as well. The color scheme I’ve been wanting is a creamy sand and black and white. we just had black windows installed two days ago in the picture is the old siding. The new siding will be installed after they frame and get the addition framed. Also, the addition is a stick built so the bottom half will be another garage so essentially they’ll be three garage doors next to each other.

Comments (20)