SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crawford_constructiondesign

I’m not a wood floor pro, but need some help

Trying to fill in gaps and refinish the floor, business closed to COVID so i have some time for my chores, anyway, our company did tile and this is wood, I am not claiming to be a wood pro so please don’t bag bash me for asking a question and this is my own home, not charging anyone for anything.

now that I got that out of the way, i used a drum sander I rented, went at a slow steady speed, but the machine was not working properly, it was throwing dust everywhere and tipping, before I realized it and took the machine back for a replacement, it apparently left lots of “chatter” marks.

I am trying to find out if this ruined the floor or if it’s fixable, it is really just in the one line like area, but it is an important area, i did not notice it bc of all the dust everywhere until afterwards. see pics, i have since used bar keepers friend in some areas and made a paste to try to fix the discoloration with no luck, in other spots, I tried using a putty to cover, then sand to even surface, since the spots are like little dents, but that does not fix the color issue. Any ideas? I am not continuing anything until i have a solution, Thanks there are also mineral spots from shoe prints, but the bar keeper works good for that thanks in advance

Comments (3)