SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Need some help! Found the Chairs, but I'm 2nd guessing...

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

I was waiting until later for the reveal of my new dining room table. I don't have a picture of it yet in my room, but here are some stock photos of it:

I've been keeping my eye out for those faux bamboo chairs, still thinking about painting them in a great green. (If you remember the green rug I found, it's gone--it would never flatten out so back it went)

Today I found someone selling a vintage outdoor set of faux bamboo chairs and table--made of aluminum on Craigslist. $150 for the set

(the glass is the best she could do when replacing the broken top--I'm not really interested in the table and would resell it)

I then found this set on eBay, same thing, but 6 chairs, not 4. Price is substantially higher at $2895.

eBay seller who must be more informed says they are from the 50's.

So the dilemma is this: they are 36" tall. Only 6" will be seen above the table top. Will they look too small with a wood table? I'm thinking if the table was glass then this wouldn't matter because you would see through the glass and see the whole chair. But will it look silly to have short chairs? I'm not fretting about only finding 4, I think I could easily do faux bamboo armchairs for the ends.

I'm supposed to go on Sunday at 12:45 to see them and buy them but now I'm second guessing myself. I think I should do something taller, with upholstery. If someone tells me that I should not pass these up for some good reason, I'll go. Otherwise, I'll txt her in the morning and say due to the height of the chairs, I can't use them. But I feel if I turn them down, I should tell her to look at the eBay listing.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

What do you think?

Comments (8)