SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8cd

Please help with details for my son’s bathroom.

k8cd
last year

Lots of questions, I appreciate the help on as many (or few) of the questions you would like to answer!

Here's what we know so far-

Tile- 3x12 Florida Tile Emotive Pride Blue in Silk

Layout- double running bond 1/2 offset (see black tile in picture) The tile will run vertically to the ceiling in the shower and then wrap around the pony wall, behind the toilet, and stop where the window stops.

Floor (bathroom and shower) tile- Pixl Electro-Funk Matte Hex in Fog

Grout- TBD

Fixtures- Delta Trinsic in Matte Black

Not pictured- shower door with the hinges on the right, controls in the pony wall by the vanity

Tile Edges-

Bullnose comes in 3x12 and 3x6. It would work for the edges where the tile goes to the ceiling. But it wouldn’t work for the half pieces above the toilet. Is there a fix for that?

Or use a tile edge trim (Schluter)? Not my favorite but is that the best choice here? In Matte black?

Pony Wall Edges-

Also use Schluter on the edges of the pony walls? (Not ideal.) Or should bullnose be used there? Ideally the pattern would continue from the pony wall right up to the back wall. Does that mean the pony wall either needs to be 3” or 6” for it to work? Other options?

Niche-

Tiled- again bullnose or schluter?

By the shower head? In a pony wall?

Pony Wall Tops--

For the tops of the pony walls and curb- Tile? Or solid surface? Most likely black. Where should the tile on the pony wall next to the vanity stop? What about under the curb top- tile or same as curb top?

Vanity-

I am thinking a white countertop, sink, backsplash, and side splashes would help the toilet not stand out as the only white thing in the room. Or use same solid surface that is used on pony wall top?

My kiddo really loves color and said he wanted this bathroom. I am thinking about a red vanity for now. And then when he’s older we can paint it white/black/grey.

If you made it all this way- THANK YOU!

(Rough) Pictures of pony wall tops and vanity options-

We are leaning toward the last column.

Comments (12)