SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjs4775

Bona & Loba products on floors with cat urine

cjs4775
last year

Hello,

I’m currenlty renovating a sweet old home for my famiily to move into asap it has beautifil heart pine flooring throughout in relatively great shape aside from one thing - the dreaded cat pee. The precious owner had many and also fostered kittens until adoption. Not quite a hoarder damage extreme, but I’m doing extensive remediation up until we get to the point of refinish. Alreday quite a bit of success in just a week.

I’ve started having floor refinishing estimates for as light and matte as these floors will allow. One guy today said he didn’t think a Bona or Loba product would even take hold due to the chemical nature of cat pee, said an oil poly is the only real option.. The other two didn’t mention anything like that, just the realtiy of potential staining remianing once all is sanded amd making sure to use the top of the line product per manufacturer.. All of these folks are clealry smart, skilled contractors who came recommended.

So much insight and discussion here has been helpful. Hopefully somebody can chime in wirh any insight or experience.

Thanks!!

Comments (6)