SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

Navigating family gatherings during a pandemic.

agmss15
2 years ago

How are you all dealing with reentering a new normal? I am finding the more moderate approach post vaccination/booster more confusing (albeit less restrictive) than the lockdown. I have a family that is mostly pro-

vaccine with a notable exception.

My sister lost her middle child in September so gathering for the holidays seems extra important this year. At first my mom strongly argued that she didn’t want to have a meal with my non-vaccinated nephew and his family. Then she changed her mind at the last moment - prerogative of the ancient. And the contrary. He comes by his stubbornness naturally.

So Thursday we had a moderately sized vaccinated thanksgiving at my sister’s without her son. Friday a smaller Thanksgiving meal with him and his family. Saturday was the celebration of life for my niece - which my mom thankfully did not attend. I haven’t been around such a large group in a years.

I am going to self isolate for the next week as a precaution. I am happy I attended the memorial. But I don’t think it was particularly wise.

Comments (11)