SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmedl

Need help with guest bathroom tile and counter selection

kmedl
10 years ago
We are getting ready to update our guest/powder bathroom and would like input on some of the material choices. We will be tearing out the bathtub surround, the vanity and flooring. The surround will be replaced with a tub and tiled up to the ceiling. The toilet is new, so it stays. Also the mirror and lighting are new and will stay (unless you think the mirror doesn't work, it can be moved else where in the house). My husband picked out the lights, so they stay :) We have picked knotty alder for the vanity, and the picture shows the cabinet style and finish.

We are considering a copper sink and using these slate tiles on the floor. I love the look of the slate, but only in small amounts (like just on the floor). We need ideas on what type of tile would go with the slate and look nice around the tub up to the ceiling. Also need help with what type of counter material would look good on the vanity and go with the slate and copper sink.

He would also like some type of look on the walls besides just paint. We're not thinking tile, maybe some type of beadboard or wood??? He would like this bathroom to have a rustic feel without being overdone.

We have finished remodeling our living room and kitchen and got lots of our ideas from everyone here at Houzz. The kitchen was mostly mine to design, so he's taking on the bathroom. He'd like some help from all of you. Thanks!!

Comments (628)