SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddielee49

The future of grocery shopping.

maddielee
2 years ago

I’m in central Florida, Publix has always been my store of choice. (My love affair with Publix started waining in early January.)

Recently Kroger, which has no stores in Florida, opened a distribution center near Orlando. We are within the service area about 70 miles away. Because its new, they are offering great sales and coupons for free delivery ($10.00 normally). No tipping (but I insist.)

The website is easy to use, they had almost every item that I have needed. what they didn’t have, I was given options to substitute. Up to me the OK or not.

I’ve ordered at 8 pm and the groceries are delivered on time the next morrning. The fresh food ordered and they picked has been quality. The cold stuff arrives cold, the frozen food arrives frozen. I tested the frozen by ordering popcycles, which arrived unmelted. They offer to bring the bags into the kitchen.

The only things I have not ordered through them has been meat and bakery goods. Some things I want to physically see.

I ordered beer and wine, the young delivery guys said they didn’t need to see my ID. 😊

I really can see that this might be the future of grocery shopping. .

Comments (38)