SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Weekend Baking: Pane Bianco

annie1992
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I use this recipe a lot, it's from King Arthur flour. The Princess calls it "pizza bread", because of the flavors of the filling. I've used pizza sauce and various cheeses, basil pesto and ricotta, this one has sun dried tomatoes, garlic, basil and Asiago cheese. The shaping is a bit tricky, I've found that if I take the roll of dough, form it into an "8", then slice the top of the loaf halfway through it spreads open and is easier than cutting the log in half and trying to braid, cut side up.

I make the dough in my bread machine then shape it and let it rise before baking, which lets me do other things while the bread machine does the work. It can't be baked in the machine, obviously, because you have to roll the filling up in the dough. I think it could be just rolled up and made into a loaf (like cinnamon bread) and baked, although the shape is more interesting than just a regular loaf.

Amanda and Dave came for dinner yesterday and this was The Princess' request, so she was a happy girl, she cut a piece and ate it with butter as an "appetizer" before dinner.

I also have it on good authority that it makes an "awesome" grilled cheese sandwich!

Annie

Comments (9)