SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnaleea

I don't want to overdo by ovens! Need advice -Speed, Steam, Conv, etc.

Donna Reed
3 years ago

Ok so I have done my research and for me, I am going with the Wolf M series. I love to cook from scratch but with 4 teenagers going everywhere all the time not as frequently as I would like. But I do want to build a kitchen that does all that I want, but more importantly NEED! But I don't want to overdue my kitchen though! Here is an idea of what we designed but have changed up the appliances. I am going with the induction cooktop and a wall oven next to fridge. But here are my selections:

(1) Convection/oven (bottom)

(2) Steam oven (top)

(3) ??Microwave drawer OR Speed oven (under counter)

(4) OR neither, and just put a regular $300 microwave in pantry next to a toaster/ninja

I also have this Ninja 8-1 that is AMAZING! It heats up bake in 2 minutes and you can cook anything that will fit in it quickly. I don't think it is a "speed" oven, but because the temp is so quick it's a great feature instead of oven for small items. I also use it to toast. But it's a counter top item. Was thinking of putting it in the pantry (when you first walk in will be a station) and maybe even a basic microwave. I use zero features on my microwave except time and start! Maybe Bev option! Some recommended why spend so much $$ on micro drawer and just get a basic one for pantry! Hmmmmmm https://www.ninjakitchen.com/exclusive-offer/SP101WBKT/ninja-foodi-digital-air-fry-oven/

If I have an oven and a steam oven, do you think I would still need a "speed" oven. And would you use it for just smaller items like I use my ninja for? I don't know of anyone that actually has all three. I can definitely use a second oven for regular cooking as I find myself rotating cookie sheets, or pans of roasted items. Cooking meat and then veggies. Cooking dinner but want appetizers in oven, etc. Not weekly, but maybe monthly.

Any input?

Comments (16)