SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eleeny_gw

Installation of plumbed steam-oven: Advice please!

eleeny
14 years ago

Hi, I posted this question last night on the Appliances Forum but haven't gotten any replies yet. So I was hoping that you guys can help me here.

I need to get an idea just how difficult and costly it might be to install a plumbed steam oven like the Gaggenau Combi-Steam Oven.

The builder of the house we just bought wants an extra $2000-2500 for the installation alone... I think it's excessive and he just doesn't want to do it! By contract, he's supposed to install "all appliances" for me prior to closing; I get to choose the appliances. The Combi-Steam will be above a single wall oven and a warming drawer (3 separate units). He already has electrical supply to this area for a microwave, a wall oven, a cooktop, and a hood. However, he has already agreed from the outset to move the cooktop, hood, and microwave to another location in the kitchen. So I think that there should be enough electricity in this area to cover the steam/oven/warming drawer I want without needing add'l work by the electrician; AM I CORRECT? If so, that leaves plumbing in a water source, a shutoff valve, and drainage. The basement is NOT finished, so I think it shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish this...

Of course, I don't really know. So please help if you have any info on this matter! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Comments (4)